Ask Us Anything

I am sorry I am bringing this very late into this topic,
why did you decide not to allow the vim3 to be powered by the GPIO ?
and, importantly Why the VIN connector why not some other connector like JST connector ?

oh and by the way my previous question was not answered,

please tell me i am begging to know why :sob:

Are the lenses on the cameras provided by Khadas interchangeable C-mount lenses?

There are tons of mega cheap C-mount lenses on eBay, from very wide to tele-photo and It would be nice to use them for different projects.

If you’re referring to DSLR C-mount (which is what I’m familiar with), then nope. The VIM3 camera lens is much smaller.

1 Like

@DROBNJAK your not referencing the Rasberry pi camera are you ? :smile:

1 Like

Speaking of Rasberry pi,
Can anyone at Khadas make a config manager like the one Rasberry pi has to change the settings like enable SPI, I2C, enable many things, etc.
like the pics below,

@tsangyoujun any ideas

3 Likes

Thanks for the images.

That is M12 lens mount. You should really mention that on the product’s web page. It’s very important for buying decision.

Anyway, it is a very popular lens mount for security cameras and SBC cameras, so there is a huge choice of such lenses on the eBay and Amazon.

Vary good.

1 Like

Thanks for that, I’ll update the product descriptions. :slight_smile:

Was browsing around and found these at EO: https://www.edmundoptics.com/c/m12-smount-lenses/1005/

1 Like

Krescue? Krescue - take full control of your VIM device! easy way to install ANY OS! + back/restore your system

@tsangyoujun I am not referring to Krescue , it is a system configuration file in Ubuntu/Debian which allows you to change / update / modify system settings like enable GPIO, serial, expand file system etc.
automatically

2 Likes

I see. Maybe @hyphop will have some ideas about that. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@numbqq, @Gouwa, @tsangyoujun, will you be releasing images with lima driver enabled?

@tsangyoujun is there any plan for a Glass screen protector for the TS050 display, such an expensive and delicate accessory, would be a shame if it got scratched, maybe sapphire glass screen protector for that dimension ?:thinking:

Before this we need mainline kernel drivers pleaseeeeeeeee
:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Oops forgot about that, What good is the display if you can’t use it anyway, :crazy_face:
Thanks for pointing that out @Spikerguy

1 Like

When will the new FW of VIM3 be available,
which fixing the steaming app’s dot to dot issue?

What’s the system of your VIM3? Android or Ubuntu?

What do you mean?

@Terry

Just a query but is this still on track for Q4 or has it been pushed back?

Thanx

I think it depends on Amlogic yet

1 Like

ya I suspect the same but as near as I can tell its been a few months since Terry said anything on this so thought it was worth an ask :slight_smile:

yes, I understand you, but plans tend to change for some reason sometimes :slightly_smiling_face::man_shrugging:t3: