Android Nougat V170901 Rom Release

Sorry for waiting for so long, Here release the Android Nougat ROM

Check Firmware Page to download the ROM.

ROM Infos:

• ROM version: Vim_Nougat_170901.7z

• MD5SUM: 505d6997a1194ab4d8e7b3b643ca7d1b

• The ROM is for EMMC installation only

Change Log

• Add support for LED menu
  • Add support for several VESA modes
  • Fixup black screen 2 second during first logo and boot animation
  • Default config the function key as HOME
  • Optimize system bootup speed
  • Fixup i2s audio noise

Upgrade guidance:

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Will the Khadas remote work on this release? The 12 button remote with Khadas printed on it is the one that I own. I’m using balbes150’s LibreELEC and would like to know if the remote will work on it if I upgrade my VIM box to Nougat from Marshmallow. Thank you in advance.

—EDIT—
The Khadas remote works fine with LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-17.4_20170830-KVIM.img.gz on my memory card with this Nougat release on EMMC. In addition to it, my TV remote also works perfectly through HDMI-CEC.

The Khadas remote work on this ROM.
Thanks.

1 Like

Is it possible to configure or turn off the fan with this Nougat build?

My fan is connected like in your cooling fan assembling guide.

I would like to turn it off, it isn’t needed for Android, if i could at least lower the rpm-s, it would be great.

Hi,

there is a fan control in settings but not sure if it works.

S.

Didn’t even check in settings, will try later, thanks.

Hello, In the picture, the fan is wired to a GPIO fixed voltage pin and Ground. It is unlikely fan can be controlled from those GPIO pins.

VIM2 has a dedicated fan header and fan can be controlled thru settings, it works well.

I am not sure if fan speed or fan on/off can be controlled on the VIM. Not saying there is no way, but I don’t know how one would do it.

Can’t find it anywhere in the settings, i guess i’ll just disconnect the fan, it’s the easiest solution.

For VIM1 , in this connection, no adjustment of turns. Either disable completely from the connector or add a circuit variable resistor (which adjusts the volume on old TVs and radios) or to use controllers for fans on a PC.

p.s.
I already wrote, I have VIM1 connected 5 V fan to these contacts, it is almost inaudible during operation and its performance is enough for cooling under load.