3D Printed Case for Tone Board V1

3 Likes

Here is mine case, matching JDS Labs Atom AMP dimensions. Great combo! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

After a long wait. Finally, me and my friend have a free time to make the case.

Unfortunately, the stand off on the cover part is failed due to its strength can’t handle the tapping force to make the thread hole. So the cover part will sit on the base without any screw attached. BTW this is ok, since it will just sit on my desk.

Currently, I just finished the surface preparation and painted them. Waiting for the paint to dry.

I will update soon, the finished case on the upcoming week.

7 Likes

Wow that looks great! The acetone seemed to have rounded the edges slightly. The 3D model was designed for the cnc process. If you have the time to print another one, you would have to thicken those screw bosses, maybe even make the sides 45 degrees. :smile:

3 Likes

Here it’s done!!!
A Space DAC ready for the space war.

I love how it looks just like an aluminum. Which in fact, was printed by an ABS.

And here. Say hello to his best bud, ATOM AMP. This combo is vary satisfying.

Thank you guys @tsangyoujun @Gouwa again to grant my wish.
Also big thanks to my friend who help print this case. It took 4 attempts before he can finished the printing. The cover part got many over hung, so he has to try on various printing speed and support structure.

And for those who want to follow me, please note @tsangyoujun comment above this post, if you don’t want to fail like me. LOL :rofl:

9 Likes

Well done ! Great job, nice design.
Thanks for sharing :wink:
Regards

1 Like

Incredible! :grinning:

Yes it was designed for a cnc machine, not a 3d printer.

1 Like

Wow you turned tb1 into tb2 with this beautiful case.

I think others can use your case step files to print one for themselves.

It is looking lovely though.

4 Likes