3D Printed Case for Tone Board V1

Hola,

@Devilindy, @Gouwa asked me to clean up this prototype cnc casing for the Tone 1. I spent quite a bit of time cleaning-off all the strange vertices, I like simple 3d models. You guys could use it as a base-design for greater things. :smiley:

Notes:

• Primarily a design for cnc machining / injection moulding
  • Top cover is aluminium
  • Bottom cover is polycarbonate
  • There’s a rubber pad below as well
  • Compatible with the Generic Edition Tone Board 1
  • Internal geometry un-optimised for mass-production!! (please note)

Download: .stp / .stl

One more thing…do note that the internal geometry is not optimised for mass production…you will have to work with your supplier to fix the internal structure for their processes.

Edit:
Original design file here.

4 Likes

Looks fantastic, :heart_eyes: will definitely start something new with it as well
Looks futuristic with those sharp edges :smiley:

2 Likes

bottom view missed

is there just a rubber gasket with a slit under gpio?
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

2 Likes

One bottom view coming up…:stuck_out_tongue:

Only compatible with the Generic Edition Tone Board (well you could desolder the VIM connector on the front). I didn’t design this casing, but it looks to me that the Tone Board sits on the lower cover.

3 Likes

BTW, what is this ? :face_with_monocle:

Oh you could remove that. I just added the letters T1, so you know that it’s for the Tone 1.

very well understood, thanks!
:+1:

2 Likes

Oh ok, I thought you were going for something like TB (short for Tone board), T1 sounds better,
So… when can we expect T2 to come out ? :wink:

1 Like

T2? Came out ages ago. :smile:

Terminator2poster

3 Likes

need to sign T2 instead of T1
:grin:

1 Like

LOL :laughing:
I meant toneboard v.2 as T2, don’t worry someone in our forum will make the version of the T2 you meant with the VIM3’s NPU or something like that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yes the Cyberdyne Systems Model T-800 has a very advanced NPU inside. :smile:

1 Like

But how well, does it compare to the VIM3, Hmm I smell competition coming
BTW I lost my self with this line :rofl:,

1 Like

Woooooow woooooow woooooooow thx @tsangyoujun @Gouwa
I’m speechless… Really !!! This case is so sexy, futuristic, fly to the outer space.

Now I’m not sure what to go for the cover part. A 3D print, or an Aluminum CNC.

2 Likes

@Devilindy I highly recommend CNC Aluminium for the top part and 3d printing for the bottom, but note, it will be more expensive, try to see if you can get someone to do it in the range of 100$ to 150$,

If you make one it would be a good investment for you tone board, see if you can do it though
All the Best! :smile:

1 Like

@Electr1 Attually, I have friend who own a workshop for CNC and 3D Printer. Already contact him to do the prototype. He still need some time for the idea of the aluminum case. But the 3D printing can be done right away. Cannot confirm the budget yet, but yes, with a friendly price.

Note that I do this as a hobby. Ummmm… may be a serious hobby. BTW my KTB is still on the way. Will update any progress soon.

2 Likes

@Devilindy check with your friend for The aluminum version, but make a 3D version before that anyway so you can verify the design and see if it needs something else,

If It is a very serious Hobby for you, don’t hesitate at all for spending money on it :smile:
It might be a really good investment !

Ask Tsangyoujun for more info if you get problems,

Just don’t forget to have Fun :grinning:
Cheers.

1 Like

@Electr1 Yes, you can be sure that I do this for fun. :smile: I burn my wallet a lot for all these stuffs lying around on my desk LOL. :rofl:

I will update the 3D print version here soon, but the aluminum version is not confirm yet. Since there may be more than putting the aluminum brick on the CNC machine. He need to do some prelim works. Such as model optimization, testing the CNC tool path in the program, and if require ‘custom CNC fixture’. Hearing this made me hesitate to disturb his working time for my selfishness.

1 Like

Haha, of course you can spend your money, Its never Wrong to do that for something you love to do,
YOLO bro :sunglasses:

Yes, It will take time for preping the CNC, It is not such an easy task
so I would say, don’t pester your friend, or else your just asking for trouble there :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

T2 Hmm
Its nice, its groovy and has the look, would like to show and tell but… :upside_down_face: