It’s a alpha version with linux stable 4.14.11 and u-boot mainline v2018.01-rc3.
Linux is based on:
Author: Greg Kroah-Hartman <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue Jan 2 20:31:17 2018 +0100
And some patches from @narmstrong. Thanks Neil and his team!
U-boot is based on:
Author: Tom Rini <email@example.com>
Date: Mon Jan 1 19:46:43 2018 -0500
Signed-off-by: Tom Rini <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Check Firmware Page to download the ROM.
- ROM version: VIM_Ubuntu-mate-16.04_Linux-4.14_U-boot-V2018.01-rc3_SD-USB_alpha-V180106.7z
- MD5SUM: 4f32b16cad81469ff70523e0cb4c5deb
- The ROM is for SD/USB installation
- Account info:
- User: khadas
- Password: khadas
- LED state:
- Linux stable 4.14.11
- U-boot mainline v2018.01-rc3
- USB Host
- HDMI Audio
- SD card
- GPU X11 (but FPS is very low, about 8FPS)
After booting card is ready, one more thing you need to do, insert the booting card to PC and rename meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb to dtb.img in BOOT partition.
- With Android 6.0 running on EMMC.(For Android 7.1 has permission issue)
- Insert SD card with ubuntu image to SD slot or use a USB card reader.
- Run program Settings->About Devices->System updates,select aml_autoscript.zip,and click Update, then the device will reboot,and you will boot to Ubuntu.
Boot linux with mainline u-boot
If you want to boot linux with mainline u-boot from SD card, you have to wipe the EMMC. Please refer to Howto Erase the eMMC Storage.
In the end
This image is built using Fenix scripts, you can use it to build your own image!