VNC server VIM4

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas official images

Please describe your issue below:

I want to connect by VNC viewer with my macbook , but if I enable active remote desktop, I can’t connect to it , can you show the procedure to use the remote desktop?

Post a console log of your issue below:

**Delete this line and post your log here.**

Hello @marcellom66

You can use xrdp instead.

Thank you but I don’t have windows, in the raspberry pi I use RealVNC viewer , Is it possible to use it with my macbook to connect remotely?

A number of good clients that will use the RDP protocol are available on MacOS, Linux and other platforms. I used the Microsoft Remote Desktop application on MacOS Ventura 13, it is available for free in the Apple App Store.

Less than optimal than having a single VNC or RDP solution across all your servers. Hopefully Khadas will figure out how to get Ubuntu builtin screen sharing to work on VIM4.

1 Like

Yes, we will check, I need to make VNC work on my X86 PC first.

Hello @marcellom66 @marcellom66

Please check here:

not works.

khadas@Khadas2:~$ vncserver -localhost no :1
A X11 server is already running for display :1 on machine Khadas2.lan.
khadas@Khadas2:~$ vncserver -localhost no :2

You will require a password to access your desktops.

Password:
Verify:
Would you like to enter a view-only password (y/n)? n
A view-only password is not used

New Xtigervnc server 'Khadas2.lan:2 (khadas)' on port 5902 for display :2.
Use xtigervncviewer -SecurityTypes VncAuth,TLSVnc -passwd /home/khadas/.vnc/passwd Khadas2.lan:2 to connect to the VNC server.

=================== tail /home/khadas/.vnc/Khadas2.lan:5902.log ===================
[mi] mieq: warning: overriding existing handler (nil) with 0x556225fca0 for event 2
[mi] mieq: warning: overriding existing handler (nil) with 0x556225fca0 for event 3
Terminated
X connection to :2 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Thu Nov 10 08:00:49 2022
 ComparingUpdateTracker: 0 pixels in / 0 pixels out
 ComparingUpdateTracker: (1:nan ratio)
Killing Xtigervnc process ID 3542... success!
===================================================================================

Session startup via '/etc/X11/Xtigervnc-session' cleanly exited too early (< 3 seconds)!

Maybe try something simple first, e.g.,
        tigervncserver -xstartup /usr/bin/xterm
The Xtigervnc server cleanly exited!
The X session cleanly exited!
khadas@Khadas2:~$

Hello @marcellom66

Can you ssh to the board and execute the command ? And you must logout from the system.

$ vncserver -localhost no :2

thanks, now works, I didn’t logout.