I bought a secondhand Khadas VIM1 for some experiments with Ubuntu. I successfully installed [VIM1_Ubuntu-server-bionic_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V20181030.7z] and added Xorg, SLiM, Openbox and lxpanel.
I have some questions:
- is it mandatory to add heat-sink and/or fan to dissipate heat with this configuration?
- is SSH server already up and running on it? Does it use khadas login?
- how can I set up a VNC server on VIM1, so I can use an Android phone as display?
- do I need a WiFi router or can I set up a WiFi hotspot (or an ad-hoc WiFi connection) on VIM1 to serve VNC?
- lxrandr shows only 1920x1080 resolution; how can I reduce screen resolution to use it with an old TV?
Thank you in advance for your support.