VIM3L support Oreo or Nougat

How can i install older version of android on VIM3L ,and how add password after bootanimation to launch the android OS.

Thanks in advance

@MIMalik welcome,
VIM3L only supported by Android Pie 9.0 and above.

there is no Password protection functions available, but maybe it can be implemented when building the firmware from source.

good day!

@Electr1 thank you for the reply.

Can you please guide me, how to build firmware from source. Any tutorial or guidelines…

@MIMalik
ref. to:

Khadas android building

AOSP build:
https://source.android.com/setup/build/devices#vim3_and_vim3l_boards

@Electr1 I am new in this field, doing this first time, i followed the instruction on Khadas website and upgrade the firmware on VIM3L but , i want to add this password feature before home screen launch.

@MIMalik I am sorry but my knowledge to help ends here,
You can ping Terry or Goenjoy to see if they have any other advice for you (put the “@” infront of their name)

I believe AOSP should have a dedicated lock screen feature, but I have not tested it myself, best of luck to your project.

stay safe & have a good day.

Thank you @Electr1.
Hi… @Terry, @goenjoy, can you guide me on this topic?

Why did you want to use the password lock? This is very unfriendly for ir remote control

Yes @Terry , i knew that, just want to add 4 digit numeric password , When TV turn “on” and black screen no indication for password , when 4 digit password enter from IR remote , TV will be turn “ON”.
i have customized tool ( like AMlogic customization tool) to do this but that support only Oreo and VIM3L not support oreo told by @Electr1 . If i can manged to install Oreo on Vim3l , all my problems solved easily

Why did you want to use customization tool? Only add some application on it?
Maybe you install the application with add command.

@Terry, because want to create customized boot-animation, wallpaper and one time password after boot-animation.

The application i have doing this but that not support the Android Pie. Is it possible if i remove the Android Pie from VIM3L and install the OREO using USB drive.