VIM3L onboard Wi-Fi module only get 80Mbps DL throughput with mainline kernel

Which Khadas SBC do you use?

VIM3L

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu mainline kernel

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas official images (https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Ubuntu/SD_USB/VIM3_Ubuntu-server-focal_Linux-5.16-rc2_arm64_SD-USB_V1.0.9-211217.img.xz)

Please describe your issue below:

Onboard Wi-Fi module (AP6398S) on get 80Mbps DL throughput with the mainline image. While it get 400+Mbps on kernel 4.9 image.

Seems this issue is related to “MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ” is not enabled in mainline kernels.

Khadas team,
Need your help on this issue.

Regards,
David Zou

@David_Zou

Onboard Wi-Fi module (AP6398S) on get 80Mbps DL throughput with the mainline image. While it get 400+Mbps on kernel 4.9 image.

Seems this issue is related to “MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ” is not enabled in mainline kernels.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

@David_Zou I didn’t find this config in the mainline kernel. I will try to find another solution

Thanks, Frank.

Yes, MMC_CAP_SDIO_IRQ works for kernel 4.9. For kernel 5.x, the format is changed to “cap-sdio-irq”.

@David_Zou Do you know the name of this configuration in the 5.x kernel now?

The equivalent way to enable SDIO_IRQ in 5.x is set “cap-sdio-irq” @ arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-khadas-vim3.dtsi

Hi Frank,

Your input are valuable to us.
If you need more info, please let me know.

Thanks,
David Zou

@David_Zou I tried to enable this option, it will cause the system to fail to boot from the SD card. I’ll get back to you here if I know of another solution I’ve found.

Hi @Frank,

May I have your updates?

Thanks,
David