VIM3L: cannot use fenix to build Debian Buster

Hi,

Just got my VIM3L today and successfully used krescue to turn the Android Pie into Ubuntu 18.04 xfce. Now I am trying to use fenix to create an image of Debian Buster but I kept getting build error.

The following text are the output when I run make. Did some quick search and I did find any post similar to my problem yet.

Can anyone guide me through this? Thank you.

PARAMETERS*
Fenix Version: 0.8.4
Khadas Board: VIM3L
Uboot Version: 2015.01
Uboot Configuration: kvim3l_defconfig
Uboot Branch: khadas-vims-v2015.01
Linux Version: 4.9
Linux Configuration: kvims_defconfig
Linux DTB: arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/kvim3l_linux.dtb
Linux Branch: khadas-vims-4.9.y
Distribution: Debian
Distribution Release: buster
Distribution Type: lxde
Distribution Arch: arm64
Install Type: EMMC
Final Image: VIM3L_Debian-lxde-buster_Linux-4.9_arm64_EMMC_V0.8.4-20200504.img

config/functions/common-functions:58 Error: Your build host architecture is not supported,please use a ‘x86-x64’ build host.
Makefile:7: recipe for target ‘all’ failed
make: *** [all] Error 255

It said clearly that you need to build on a x86-64 host PC not on VIM.

Uh stupid me somehow thought fenix can build on VIM directly. Thanks for point that out :slight_smile:

I’m a student, and I’m new in evrything that is related to Linux and OS in general, so thank you for your understanding. Thanks to you, I managed to build the u-boot (I was also thinking that we should build it directly in the VIM3 board). But now that it is build, how do we flash the u-boot on the board ? Once it’s done, how do we know that it works ? Sorry for not being more precise, I began studying this from scratch and there are still a lot of shadow zone for me. Thank you for your help.

Please check here: VIM3/3L Upgrade Linux U-Boot [Khadas Docs]

You can check the build time of your u-boot. If it success the build time should be the time you build the u-boot. You can check it from the u-boot boot log or use command version to get the time in u-boot console.