VIM3L Android Pie V191130 Preview ROM Release

Here release VIM3L Android Pie Preview ROM

Check Firmware Page to download the ROM.

ROM Infos:

• ROM version: VIM3L_Pie_V191130.7z
  • MD5SUM: 5237c71926d001a96d398547cc3dce47
  • The ROM is for EMMC installation only

Change Log

• add dual display support
  • add TS050 touch panel support
  • fix navigation issue (many thks to @superceleron )
  • change display density from 240 to 280
  • update amlogic sdk source code from p-amlogic_openlinux-20190720_aosp.xml to p-amlogic-openlinux-20191101-ott-aosp.xml

Known Issues

• No Gsensor support

Upgrade guidance:

4 Likes

What about Dolby Atmos support? Or Sony Dual Shock Controllers (3 and 4)

Our VIM3L don’t support Dolby/DTS because of the licence. And only support HDMI pass-through.

Today I got my tv box with preinstalled LibreELEC 9.2. And it was terrible. The LibreELEC is very, very slow. I have time to press 12 times on the remote before the action is performed. Screen resolution does not match the resolution of the TV. Why does the manufacturer force its customers to reinstall the system on their own?!? It makes no sense to pre-order. Is this version of android tested? Or will it be the same as with the pre-installed LibreELEC?!?

2 Likes

I’m a little confused about the versions :blush:… pre-installed CoreELEC 9.2. (not LibreELEC 9.2.), but the description indicates Armlogic-ng if you go to the site CoreELEC and try to download the update (not the initial installation) 9.2.1. there will be a choice of two groups of architectures Armlogic (“Amlogic” update file for all S905/S912 devices) and Armlogic-ng (“Amlogic-ng” update file is only compatible for S905X2/S922X/A311D devices currently) apparently mixed up architecture, it’s amazing how this device works.

What is the status on 64 bit Android?

2 Likes

Well from what i got, from inside aml… expect it only on Q.

1 Like