VIM3/VIM3L-Android-9-64bit-V231122 Rom Release

Nice Job! When can we look forward to a working lockscreen and adminstration and Goggle TTS in the settings area?

Hi does this December 2 version resolve USB being dropped completely from use. My USB will drop randomly and it even takes WiFi down with it. Only a power off will fix it, sometimes multiple power off to have USB back. I’ll need a kernel serial cable to see why it does this, but sometimes it’s not for hours

почему урезана частота процессора

Lock screen? Why has this been missing in the builds for so long? Kernel logs say lockscreen service is missing.

@FucNuts

Hello, we did not remove the lock screen function in the later firmware, but set it to be disabled by default, because not every user wants to use the lock screen function, so if you want to use it, you can set it in Droid Settings —> More settings —> Device Preference —> Screen saver —> When to start Set how long you need to lock the screen

@yr.nik

Hello, we haven’t made any changes related to the CPU recently. Under what circumstances did you feel the CPU frequency reduction? We will only start the CPU frequency reduction when the temperature is too high. If you use the load If it is too large, the CPU frequency reduction function will be activated, you can download a CPUMonitor.apk similar CPU monitoring software for real-time observation

@xiong.zhang

Screen saver<>lockscreen

They are not the same. Two separate functions.

Lock screen should show when boot up to enter code or pattern after it’s set up and there’s no where to set it up and there logs say the lockscreen service is missing. I’m not going to buy anymore khadas devices.

Can this rom be burned by oowow? I don’t have a PC around, tried a few times, it always saying this image is not fit for my VIM3 board…`

The oowow version is the latest one, 230130.426.

Yes, please follow the OOWOW Wizard to install online.

@numbqq @goenjoy Is kernel modules like hid-multitouch.ko included? Need to work with USB HID miltitouch touchscreen.

@hmnvdk Problem with touch in Firmware V190816 - #17 by goenjoy
Follow the corresponding four steps when you encounter an abnormal operation of the USB touch screen.

@goenjoy Does this version support either of the EM06-A/E 4G LTE or the Quectel 5G modules?

@byob11

Hello,
VIM3/VIM3L only supports EM06-A/E 4G LTE module

@xiong.zhang thank you. Does this version of Android 9 64 bit support the 4g module? Will Android display the broadband modem manager by default? Or do I have to manually establish a 4g modem connection using minicom or some equivalent method? If so, how?

I found a usage guide for Ubuntu here:
https://docs.khadas.com/products/sbc/vim3/configurations/em06-lte-4g-module

But I cannot find an equivalent for Android. Please kindly provide this information or help me create it. I’m happy to help.

Thank you.

@byob11

You can use the 4G network function by inserting the SIM card

@xiong.zhang Thank you. Do you know if there are plans to add VIM3 Android Quectel 5G module support? If no, is this a technical limitation of Android 9 and the Quectel 5G module RIL? What about Android 10 or 11 and Quectel 5G RIL integration? Is someone working on that? I’m interested in learning more. Thanks!

@byob11

Hello, only Android 10.0 or above can support 5G. At present, our VIM3 only has Android 9.0 and no higher Android version. You can learn that our VIM4 and Edge2 can support 5G on our official website.

Hi, I have downloaded and flashed V230719 ROM release image of Android 9-64 bit on my Vim3 device. However, when I use the adb command and found that ‘su’ is working, it indicates that the device is rooted(correct me If I am wrong). I wish to have an unrooted device, can anyone please provide available ROM images for having an unrooted device with playstore.