VIM3/Ubuntu - connecting external codec over I2S TDM 16 Channels

Hi, I am trying to connect VIM3 (Ubuntu 18.04.3 Server) to external Sound Card over I2S/40-pin GPIO connector.

According to this (after running $aplay -l) my understanding is that I should use Device2 as this is the only one that had I2S:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: AMLAUGESOUND [AML-AUGESOUND], device 0: SPDIF-B-dit-hifi-alsaPORT-spdif-b dit-hifi-0 []
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: AMLAUGESOUND [AML-AUGESOUND], device 1: TDM-A-dummy-alsaPORT-pcm multicodec-1 []
card 0: AMLAUGESOUND [AML-AUGESOUND], device 2: TDM-B-dummy-alsaPORT-i2s multicodec-2 []
card 0: AMLAUGESOUND [AML-AUGESOUND], device 3: TDM-C-dummy multicodec-3 []
card 0: AMLAUGESOUND [AML-AUGESOUND], device 4: SPDIF-dit-hifi-alsaPORT-spdif dit-hifi-4 []

I’ve verified hardware connection in Stereo mode, using this command:

aplay -f dat --device plughw:CARD=0,DEV=2 Test.wav

From here, I need to find a way to change configuration so I could get TDM16 on Device 2.

I have found this topic:

But it is unclear from there how to use Device Tree. Also tried to look at this, but unsure what to do:
https://docs.khadas.com/linux/vim3/DeviceTreeOverlay.html

Do you have a suggestion how I can configure Device2 for I2S TDM16? I am going to use external sound device so do no need to use sound card in AMLogic chip, only connect I2S.

Also tried to use Jack configuration, but seems that Jack has a lot of limitations on Ubuntu Server. Might consider another OS option if that would make things easier with using Jack to configure I2S for TDM16 (or any other way) as long as I can connect to external sound device.

Thanks,
Sasha

I’m trying to use TDM 8 channels I2s but nothing, have you done something that it works?
Thank you