Vim3 Pro v12 seems to be dead. how to check the board?

Greetings!

I’ve been using my Vim3 for about 2 years with the stock OS on board, but about 2 weeks ago I turned it off, but forgot to disconnect from power supply, connected to a wall plug for 3 days without control. When I got back from a trip, realised that my Vim3 Pro doesn’t want to turn on. No LEDs, no reaction to “power on” key.

The power supply and cable I’ve been using all that time were Khadas… Tried with other power supplies and cables, all the same: it doesn’t work. Tried that Khadas power supply with other devices, and they work together just fine… Tried to connect through the wattmeter. So the wattmeter shuts down after connecting the SBC…

What might have happened and how can I check my SBC whether it’s alive (and protects itself) or it’s finally dead? How to check it with the multimeter?

Здравствуйте!
Пользовался Vim3 Pro v12 почти 2 года на стоковой ОСи, но недели 2 назад, включив с пульта устройство, забыл отключить от блока питания, воткнутого в розетку, оставив устройство без присмотра на 3 дня. По возвращении с поездки обнаружил, что микрокомпьютер не включается. Нет реакции на кнопки, светодиоды не загораются.

Всё это время использовал закупленные у Хадас блок питания и кабель. Пробовал запустить плату с иными блоками питания, с другими кабелями, но результат такой же нулевой. Попробовал БП и кабель Хадаса с другими устройствами, прекрасно работают, заряжаются. Подключал через Ваттметр, и Ваттметр тут же отключался, как только я подключал Vim3 Pro.

Что могло произойти и как можно проверить, жива ли плата (и ушла в защиту), или она уже отмучалась? Где, что замерить, проверить мультиметром?

Hello, If powering from USB-C port, you can check VIN pads for voltage, if no voltage, port could be bad.
From there power travels to 3.3vdc and 5vdc regulators. The schematic can be found here, depending on version, though I assume you’re is version 1.2. Pages 2 and 3 cover power.
You may also want to test using the USB Burning Tool. Once the tool is running, connect(USB-C to USB-A) VIM3 to PC, press middle button 3 times in under two seconds, see if the burning tool recognizes the VIM3 and if any VIM3 LED activity.
By the way, leaving the VIM3 connected to power with the VIM3 off for a period of time should not be a problem. An exception would be if the AC circuit endured a lightning strike or other line surge that was passed through the power supply to the VIM3.