Vim3 pro - ubuntu sdcard hdmi output green screen

I see. I will attempt to run SD card Ubuntu and let you know what I find. It may be a bit before I can get to it, I am short on SD cards and will need to find a place to dump the data on a card I have.

1 Like

Hello @vleewt

If you use current Android to bootup the latest Ubuntu SD images you will see the green screen.

So the Android image need to update. And we will release the new Android image soon.

You can try the Ubuntu eMMC image and it display OK.

Or you can erase the Android on eMMC and bootup from SD card completely.

kvim3# store init 3
kvim3# reset

Thanks.

3 Likes

I have latest Android (https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Android/VIM3_Pie_V191122.7z) on emmc and Ubuntu on sd still give me green desktop colors. Is there a fix coming?

You use mainline kernel? For mainline kernel you have to erase the eMMC to fully boot from SD card.
You can’t use vendor u-boot to boot mainline kernel or you will get a green screen.

Same issue here with VIM3, booting the firmware VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-5.5-rc2_arm64_SD-USB_V0.8.2-20200103 from sd card using “keys mode” and I get the xfce desktop environment with a greenish color.

VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-5.3-rc4_arm64_SD-USB_V20190830 show the correct colors.

Updating the eMMC image to Android (VIM3_Pie_V200103) and the problem persist.

I have said in the release note that, DON’T use vendor u-boot to bootup mainline kernel anymore or you will get a green screen. You need to erase the eMMC and fully boot from SD card.

I’m sorry, I got it wrong.

Is there currently any way to have both systems in a dual boot configuration?

hi
issue here with VIM3, booting the firmware VIM3_Ubuntu-xfce-bionic_Linux-5.5-rc2_arm64_SD-USB_V0.8.2-20200103 from sd card using “keys mode” and I get the xfce desktop environment with a greenish color.

using latest Android [VIM3.Android.Pie_V200319.emmc.kresq]

help

hi @AKBAAR, this problem is caused due to the mixing of uboot and linux kernel,
ref this to see if one of them is your combination,

one option is to erase Android from the eMMC or to revert back to a older version of linux

3 Likes

yes, only best solution to go back to old version of Ubuntu .

because Android on eMMC is important for me.

Thanks for reply my friend ! very informative

1 Like

any time bro, :smile:

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oPO3mZhIjQKKrqoY7KP_vgUtd5X5vWiG/view?usp=sharing

here is a link for the latest version of Ubuntu of old kernel it will be a upgrade which has no problem
it is Ubuntu 4.9 Focal Fossa

1 Like

wohooo awesome got it
KHADAS FTW
sexy machine
here i come SKYNET hehe

1 Like

@AKBAAR If you android in EMMC is import for you and you want to try the lastest release ubuntu . I think maybe you can use krescue to backup you android in EMMc . Then earse it and try ubuntu .

1 Like

yes @AKBAAR it will definitely be useful for you, If the contents of eMMC are very important and needed to be saved, use krescue to take a backup.

1 Like

hehe SKYNET, nice joke but I ain’t gonna lose my sbc to a bunch of crazy killer robots :rofl:

1 Like

oh yes thats great idea, Krescue to the rescue … thank you for the reminder, i totally forgot that Krescue can backup your system and restore anytime and to any device once more … duh dummy me
totally would be greatest thing coming from this amazing little utility …

am growing up in knowledge ! knowledge is power

1 Like

Good keep learning, because sky is the limit :smile:

1 Like