VIM3 panic on booting linux from SD

This happens with Ubuntu focal (on videos) and Manjaro 20.04 and 20.06

I tried 3 different SD cards.
I get slightly better results with Manjaro because it actually gets to KDE login, I can start pacman update but eventually it still panics in the middle of an update with similar error

I didn’t have problems with booting Android9 from EMMC and Manjaro used to work earlier too.

1 Like

Hello! please tell me where the installation file comes from?

1 Like

https://dl.khadas.com/Firmware/VIM3/Ubuntu/SD_USB/VIM3_Ubuntu-gnome-focal_Linux-5.7-rc7_arm64_SD-USB_V0.9-20200530.7z

Okay, what kind of android build is on eMMC?

1 Like

Ugoos AOSP Build from the telegram channel :smiley: verison 0.3.7.7

1 Like

You see, buddy, this may be just a problem, but will it probably be ok with stock Android?

2 Likes

I’m going to try it right now, at least still can see the light at the end of the tunnel :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m sure everything will be ok, you know, sometimes you need to sacrifice something
:see_no_evil::grinning::grimacing:

The person who ported the ugoos firmware to vim did not take into account various scenarios, but simply created it for Android lovers
:man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

If you try a different board image then it will always cause kernel panic when running Linux over the same uboot.

Please try official Vim3 images only.

2 Likes

This is totally fine :stuck_out_tongue:

Also that ugoos soft is very good just I miss fan control, but overall lot of builtin things are awesome.

The problem has been solved thanks for solution @Vladimir.v.v and your input @Spikerguy :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s okay, the most important thing is to figure it out in time!
Good luck to you!:+1:

1 Like