VIM3 Android Pie V190907 ROM Release

@Terry, do you have any roughly ETA for the next Android version for VIM3? Like 1-3 days, a week, two weeks? I guess it’s not far away since you released VIM3L_Pie_V191011.7z four days go…

Update:
Since the firmware mentioned above is listed under Khadas VIM3 Android Firmware, is it for both or only VIM3L? If it’s only for VIM3L, I would recommend separating VIM3 and VIM3L more as some ppl might actually use the wrong version…

1 Like

The HDMI VESA is in our list of plan. But it is need more times , and the next release ROM still don’t support this.
Thanks for your feedback.

I will release next ROM in two weeks.

Thanks for your suggestion and we will reconsider it.

1 Like

Thanks!

Is the next ROM based on 4.9 or 4.19?

Here is my sugestion where VIM3 and VIM3L are separated to prevent confusion:

Khadas VIM3 Android Firmware

Khadas VIM3L Android Firmware

2 Likes

Still 4.9. We were told by Amlogic that the upcoming Android Q also with 4.9.

BTW, Amlogic only build Android TV and no plan for AOSP which means that VIM3 and VIM3L will still stick on the version of Android Pie.

Hello,新固件有点问题,因为是遥控作为盒子操作,界面变成移动设备样式很不好看:

1、为什么新固件明明连上了WIFI 还是在顶上中间显示无互联网连接
DROID设置也是显示无互联网链接,老固件无此问题。
2、如何关闭顶上中间的消息提示 几乎每个APP都要挂在那里
3、如何关闭底部的音量和导航按钮

Terry, superceleron,
Dear developers, when watching HDR movies, HDR does not always work automatically, the function itself is on TV auto, I turned it off in the firmware settings. What can it be connected with? thank!
By reference, the most recent post, I give an example:
https://forum.khadas.com/t/dolby-vision-on-vim3/5616/16

这个是集成的google包导致的,你的网络如果是不能连接外网的话,就会提示这个,不会影响的正常的上网

后续我们会在设置里面增加开关状态栏的选项

1 Like

Dolby Atmos is not working with this Rom.

eviltrooper
need a license, it’s not here

In English please…

Atmos in Kodi works…

Next FW? a couple of months later?

Does Kodi Atmos work? Can you show this on tests or screenshots? Autumn is interesting!

hi Terry! I don’t have a big request, can you see if automatic scaling is possible? I have a 4K TV, and it does not scale the video to 1080, if I do it manually, then everything is in order!