[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie "Normal" Debug Build v8 20211122

Great job superceleron! I have been in the testing process for two days, it is very exciting !!!
before update

after - it was cool !!!

2 Likes

Well i actually think that is not working, i was going to remove it, but i leave it there to see if amlogic comes to fix it one day…

2 Likes

superceleron, I have only hope for you and Terry :grin::tv::rocket:

Yes
I think that is more for the other side of a TV HDMI port as in internal control of the TV’s output is this ship is used in a TV and not a TV box but will stand or sit if corrected :smiley:

In this one i think it needs to be amlogic, because it looks like DNR is on and cant be disabled.
Maybe @Terry has a idea or can ask them!

Dunno what you mean!

upscaling - the process of increasing the resolution and quality of a digital image or video. It is used at the hardware level in devices.

I have 4k, and when I turn on the video with a resolution of 1080, the device does not upscale it.

I manually set 1080(Display Mode), and the clarity of the picture appeared!

AFRd changes the frequency.
It is also necessary to automatically change the resolution!:hear_no_evil:

something like this :slightly_smiling_face: .

hmm that is normally done by the tv and not the device itself, some players i think can do it in the device.
I think Kodi is one of them see playback settings something is there, but not sure!
And i think you mean auto change the resolution to the one matching the video!

Yes, maybe I didn’t put it right!

I think both that and that. the telly always upscales to 4k, but if you give it a 4k output with boxing, it skips that way. But boxing is also upscaled to the image set for exit.

I just would not want to manually switch constantly!:frowning:

really need your help!

there is such a function on ugoos, but I chose khadas!:wink::slightly_smiling_face:
:heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:
By the way, now I see that DNR is working!:+1:

Здравствуйте, не получается подключить M2X Extension Board с SSD. Переключатель USB-3 to PCE после перезагрузки, возвращается снова в режим USB-3. У Вас есть возможность проверить этот режим? Заранее спасбо.
Hello, I can’t connect the M2X Extension Board with SSD. USB-3 to PCE switch after reboot, returns to USB-3 mode again. Do you have the opportunity to check this mode? Thanks in advance.

this is probably better for you in khadas tech support write

1 Like

I’ve noticed something else here, AFRd doesn’t always work out correctly, the screenshot shows the movie 23.976, and AFRd does not change it, 59.94 is visible in the curtain.

:eyes:

well that is a AFRD issue, maybe report it to is autor, i think he is from 4pda.

Well you can leave it here, i will check when i can… going to leave my Vim’s builds in the “oven” for some time, since i have lots of work to do in my real job.

1 Like

http://4pda.ru/forum/dl/post/11670282/rootsudaemon.zip
there are many interesting things) :slightly_smiling_face:
:heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign::heavy_minus_sign:
firmware, does not support init.d kernel !:frowning:
Need to think and the root is not complete?:slightly_smiling_face::frowning:

hmm nothing there that i need since all of that are already implemented in the rom itself.
And this is a custom root, is not like the “normal” root, its made to be how can i say this… more “transparent” ?!? lol something like that!

Well i dont, as always is user choice to use it or not, i did my best in my free time!
Just need to rls the vim1 fw them is time to idle for while since is lucky my work let me continue do my free work, most(if not all) just make you stop all your free work, since is in the “same” business as khadas.

1 Like

thank you for that !!!

I just notice something and write, without malicious intent, really.
I hope you do not mind?:grin:

2 Likes

No i dont mind, is part of the “job” that is how we improve things… with you guys feedback :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is there any way to use mainline kernel? The problem is about green screen when using Manjaro on USB as second boot. All instructions I found were about fixing green screen on LibreELEC. As I found oldest kernel from VIM3_Pie_V190809 doesn’t have such problem, but I want to use your firmware as main.

ye i know about the green screen issue, still trying to find a solution for the problem!

3 Likes