VIM3/3L Google AOSP Coming soon

Maybe a Christmas present from the dev boys then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Terry

I think your active in the project to bring us a vim3 Android 11 image.

Could you ensure it has the needed aspects to run the google assistant please.

Thanx

1 Like

I’m still waiting for your Bluetooth-headset to work!
:relieved:

ya, that makes two of us :slight_smile:

I cannot get anything yet, cant get that QQ app where I am either.

starting to think its the android assistant not having permissions tho and the app permissions are not available for some reason. maybe a prerequisite is the problem IDK.

I am going to wait for this release and if it does not work I plan to invest the time to learn how to make a lineageOS from the AOSP (I think lol)

for thoes who want the vim3 rom with the normal launcher. the one forthe vim3l is coming later.
upload was replaced due to screw up, should be good now

5 Likes

TQVM!! I just spent hours setting up a Ubuntu machine and learning how to do this and I was no where near done!!! Not to mention no knowing how long the repo sync will take…

Now all I have to learn is how to use fastboot to push this in…

2 Likes

Forgive me but I need to know a few details as ADB wont sideload the zip file
Do I have to use fastload to push the recovery.img first?

I am following this guide:

here is my result:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb start-server
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb devices
List of devices attached
c8631470d126 recovery
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb reboot recovery
C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>adb sideload vim3 android11 112720 normal.zip
adb: sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found
adb: trying pre-KitKat sideload method…
adb: pre-KitKat sideload connection failed: no devices/emulators found

The VIM3 is currently loaded with VIM3_Pie_V201112.7z
Dev mode is on and USB debugging is enabled.

how are you starting out, if you are starting from one of the official roms, you have to flash the uboot first, and i myself havent been able to get it done. all parts of the rom otherwise, recovery, boot, etc. is done from fastboot which you get to by typing adb reboot bootloader and then fastboot devices to confirm that the device is recognized. i find it easier to use adb and fastboot in linux, ubuntu works fine, to get most of these stuff done. also adb sideload can install roms or updates, but must be in a specific package for it to be done ,such as the custom roms from lineage os ,that the recovery can understand, but that also needs a custom rom that doesnt do package verification.

also if you have ubuntu installed on you computer, you can use the scripts i made included in the zip to flash the device by typing ./script.sh in the folder with the extracted files.

1 Like

“if you are starting from one of the official roms, you have to flash the uboot first, and i myself havent been able to get it done.”

ok, how are you intending to get this rom installed?

I run windows, I can build a ubuntu install quick enough I suppose but surely the adb and fastboot should work the same way…

My current ubuntu build is a VM on my work server so I have no way to physically plug the VIM3 into it.
I had intended to build the rom from the AOSP and move the zip file to my windows system to push it into the VIM.
Again tho, thank you for saving me all the time (and learning curve) of building the ROM!!

1 Like

just found the read.me you put in, silly me I thought the file was only the rom, you have more in there :slight_smile:

in this case we will use the update tool found in aml-flash-tools/tools/linux-x86 to flash uboot first as well as boot it and then flash bootloader in fastboot to setup the environment on the device to accept the files.

4 Likes

ok, thnx I will grab a spare HDD from the shop and build myself a Ubuntu machine right now.

2 Likes

It seems to me that it will be faster and more profitable to wait for the release!
Or are you so interested in building Android yourself?
:point_up::grinning:

just want to play with this thing :slight_smile:

My Vim3 has been in my hands for months now and all I get to do is try different versions of Andy and test my BT headset so far…

3 Likes

It’s a whole lot of work, for BT you will most likely need additional Android debugging, one firmware may not be enough.

Good luck to you!

i made a mistake and included the wrong uboot file for the vim 3 rom with the normal launcher, i will upload the uboot files separately in a minute. sorry for the trouble

1 Like

here is the vim3l normal launcher. this one has the right uboot and scripts in it. made a mistake with the last one and am re-uploading the vim3 one.

2 Likes

also here are the uboot and script files in case you may have downloaded my screw up, facepalms, with the vim3 rom for today.

3 Likes

I admire your sense of adventure. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like