VIM2 server version no network?

I just installed version:

VIM2_Ubuntu-server-16.04_Linux-4.9_V170922

but no network working.

Thats a general issue?

I reinstalled Mate again and network works perfectly. Any suggestion?

Hi themacboy,

For Ubuntu server, please try the following commands to setup network

# echo "auto eth0" >> /etc/network/interfaces
# echo "iface eth0 inet dhcp" >> /etc/network/interfaces
# /etc/init.d/networking restart

Thanks.

Thx, worked perfectlly !

I tryed before, but now i notice I made a typo error hahaha

Hi Numbqq.
Can be in the server firmware immediately to enable the address via DHCP ? This will allow when first start to connect via SSH and perform settings (for example to change to a static address or make other adjustments). By the way, I propose to add to the list of online repositories the main options that would could just install the appropriate packages. Disable the existing repositories (to put the comment character at the beginning of the string) is much easier than to enter manually a new repository. :slight_smile:

Hi Balbes150,

Good idea, in the server firmware we can setup the network immediately when first boot to the system.:smile:

Can you kindly provide more details? I can’t understand it well.:sweat_smile:

Thanks.

All this is implemented in this version of the firmware. May be you install on a test VIM2 (then I can write what files I changed) ? I think it will be easier once all clearly see than to read my description of using a computer translation. :slight_smile:

1. Balbes150_VIM2_Ubuntu-server-16.04_Linux-4.9_V171008

Hi Balbes150,

Thank you so much! I will try your firmware Balbes150_VIM2_Ubuntu-server-16.04_Linux-4.9_V171008.

I see you are OK now: what I did to get tethering via USB working on my mobile was

sudo ifconfig usb0 up
sudo dhclient usb0