VIM1 issues with Ubuntu 4.9 eMMC

I see you’re using edifier tws2. How are they on call audio and mic also for the music does it have good bass?

Sorry off topic

Hi @Spikerguy, It’s just used for test.This is my colleague’s.But its performance is good whether it’s treble or bass in my Censolite process.

1 Like

I’m wondering what was the problem with BT when playing audio ? I would like to fix this in kernel 5 as well (BT works in it, but the sound is intermittent).

Hello Oleg,

I haven’t checked linux 5.0 yet, but for legacy kernel it’s an issue about HCI adapter attach.

I ever use /usr/bin/hciattach /dev/ttyS1 any, but we need to specify the id of broadcom.
/usr/local/bin/hciattach -n -s 115200 /dev/ttyS1 bcm43xx 2000000

1 Like

Hi Nick
There is no ttyS1 on kernel 5.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905-kernel/blob/master/arch/arm64/boot/dts/amlogic/meson-gxl-s905x-p212.dtsi#L18

Yes, for linux 5.0 it’s ttyAML1.

I tried to use it, but I get an error and there is no result.

on the embedded bluetooth adapter,
when I stream audio over a2dp profile to the vim1 pro with kernel 4.9.40 and ubuntu 16.04 server,
audio works very bad because is intermitent (each 2/3 of a second, it stops for about 1/3 of second), it is totally not usable !

(i tried to use a secondary BT adapter over usb but failed miserably to make the kernel see it)

Hi @ravelo ,this problem has been solved. We will update the firmware in the next two days.I will come back to tell you that the firmware is updated.

2 Likes

ok, I’ve found a fix by modifying /usr/local/bin/bluetooth-khadas.sh like this…

# Attach HCI adapter
#/usr/bin/hciattach /dev/$bt_tty any
# to fix stuttering a2dp audio...
/usr/bin/hciattach /dev/$bt_tty bcm43xx 2000000

now my ad2p stream from a phone to the vim1 is fluid and the audio is normal (sofar…)

thanks all!

3 Likes

Now the BT issue is resolved. Good.

What about the next 2 issues from the beginning of this thread?

Hello @ufneeme

The RTC issue has been resloved, we are trying to move to new 4.9 kernel, after all things done, we will release the image.

2 Likes

very glad to hear, waiting for the new EMCC image.

tested the new EMMC_V20190604 image for VIM1 from my behalf too, have no complaints about BT or RTC any more.THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!

5 Likes