Using the GPU with the SBC newVIM4

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu 22.04.3 LTS

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Linux Khadas 5.4.180

Please describe your issue below:

What happens is that I don’t know how to use newVIM4’s GPU to transmit video using ffmpeg for display. I understand that with ffmpeg I can’t use hardware encoding, but I want to know how I can use the GPU. Thank you

Post a console log of your issue below:

After using the command ./v4l2_test_raw -p 0 -n 10 -m /dev/media0, since I am using MIPI VIM4 OS08A10 camera, I use ffmpeg with the command, ffmpeg -f rawvideo -pixel_format nv21 -video_size 3840x2160 -i /tmp/dst_mif_0.yuv -c:v libx264 - preset ultrafast -qp 0 output.mp4

Hello @3l3k10

There is no support for FFMPEG encode/decode with the Mali GPU, unfortunately.

You need to rely on CPU multithreaded encode/decode for FFMPEG.

Regards.

If you try to use this command to display the yuv image on VIM4 it may not work due to the GPU issue, but you can copy the yuv file to your host PC to view.

By the way, we will have better way to view the camera image on VIM4 in the next 5.15 kernel, and will have have a 5.15 kernel testing image in next week you can have a try then.

Okay, thank you very much, I will be waiting for the next update and I will review passing the .yuv file to my host PC, on the other hand, I ask you how I can use hardware encoding with the VIM4 OS08A10 MIPI Camera, taking into account that I am using the version New VIM4 MIPI Camera Usage. Thank you