Using Khadas Tone board in Windows

Hello, How should I work with the Khadas Tone board in windows?
for example this is a signal: (I have generated it in MATLAB software and can save it to a file or send it to a compatible hardware)
touchtone1

The length is 10 minutes and the sample rate is 16Bits 44.1KHz or 32Bits, 384KHz.
I want to send it to the Khadas tone board, how should I send it through a USB cable?

Thanks

Hi @xzsawq211
You can check the driver below if you’ve upgrade the firmware to V2.00:

May I know the application that you are using the Tone1, I’m not qutie sure what is needed for Matlab software.

Good day!

now I don’t have a Khadas Tone board and I want to buy one today. after installing the driver what will happen? I installed and opened the software:
khadas_soft_1

if you have a board and the software please guide me what should I do? how should I load my signals into the software? I hope Khadas team prepare a driver to use the Khadas tone board in the Matlab software.

for example this is a signal:
touchtone1

The length is 10 minutes and the sample rate is 16Bits 44.1KHz or 32Bits, 384KHz.
I want to send it to the Khadas tone board, how should I send it through a USB cable?

I did search:

"If you have devices that present themselves as serial ports on your operating system, you can use them as virtual USB serial ports in MATLAB. Examples of such devices would be Bluetooth® devices and USB Serial Dongles.
MATLAB can communicate with these devices as long as the serial drivers provided by the device vendor are able to emulate the native hardware. Certain software, like HyperTerminal, does not require the device driver to fully implement and support the native hardware. "

now my question is: if you install the driver of Khadas Tone board on your computer, does Khadas present itself as a serial port on your operating system?

and this way:
Does Khadas Tone board use the DirectSound driver? if so I can use this solution.

MATLAB and Data Acquisition Toolbox support Windows® compatible sound cards that use the DirectSound driver. Use MATLAB as your single software environment to create your own waveforms, measurement and analysis routines, and to develop automated applications that use sound card data.

Use MATLAB to perform the following tasks on Windows sound cards:

• Acquire data from multiple audio input channels
  • Generate audio data for multiple audio output channels
  • Configure the sound card sampling rate and other settings
  • Analyze sound card data as it is being acquired
  • Trigger the start of your data acquisition
  • Easily switch sound cards with minimal changes to MATLAB code

plus there is another way: but I don’t know it works with the Khadas Tone board.

1 Like

Hi
Your idea is so interesting,you may like to record the orginal sound from the source, the sound data can be put into Matlab,and you can edit the sound data for special effect, and then play the special music you make by yourself. About this I should tell you some points below:

• Khadas Tone board is USB DAC,which is convert digital data to analog signals. it is not an ADC.It can not acquire data from sound source.
  • If you want to get Tone board to listen songs which you make by Matlab. I think this is OK.But you should convert the sound data to PCM or DSD format. And then you need to install a player on your PC,such as Foobar2000, so you can listen your own music with our Tone board.
  • About how to acquire from sound card by matlab and how to convert PCM or DSD format songs,I am sorry for these,you can get to support from mathworks.

Hi,
I agree with what @Eric68 said.

It should also be possible to play it directly from Matlab into the Tone board, as Matlab should eb able to see the ASIO driver of the Tone board
(maybe check this page mathworks.com/help/audio/audio-io-and-waveform-generation.html )

Now, like it was said, it’s not an audio recording interface, with inputs and outputs.
You will play the signal on the Tone board, it will go out on analog outputs, and you will need an ADC to send it back to Matlab, a good one or it will be the ADC device that would reduce the quality of the chain.