Ubuntu 20.04 - RetroPie

Basically having 32 bit libraries in aarch64…

for example in ubuntu to install chromium 32-bit

sudo dpkg --add-architecture armhf
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt install chromium-browser:armhf

This will install chromium 32 bit… u can also run it and check in the about page it is indeed 32-bit. I would advise to remove 64 bit app first before installing the 32 bit version

Ah that way, It should be easy to make it to work then. as 32bit widevine is present already.

Dosbox from git master, compiled with dynarec and proper cflags can be pushed to 49000-69000 cycles, giving performance equivalent to a first gen pentium. Terra Nova is playable.

Wine by itself doesn’t emulate an x86 cpu but there are ways to run it with a cpu emulator.

I wouldn’t bother trying any opengl x86 game.

Yes understand that wine does not simulate x86, but something like Box86 might achieve that right ?

Box86 says it needs 32bit ARM, little-endian. I don’t know of a box86 for 64bit.

Hmm, are you aware of any other such emulators ?

Hmm maybe it can run on aarch64.
“to run box86 on, for example, an ARM64 platform, you will need to build box86 for arm 32bits, and also need to have a chroot with 32bits library.”

https://github.com/ptitSeb/box86

Also note that the magic of box86 is in translating opengl calls to your system’s opengl, which we don’t have drivers for yet.

Hoping Panfrost project will become usable soon.

[EDIT] I missed archangel’s post where he indicated working on box86 build. Great news. Keep us posted.

Yeah, still waiting for it…

It is already usable for T860 gpu, Users can force OpenGL3 on it using the latest mesa and kernel.

I don’t see any good news for VIM3 Mali-G52 GPU yet. :frowning: ARM supposedly has closed source drivers – but not available for purchase by end users?

Hope you can build the panfrost for us :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes they have started working on bifrost already there is G31 support already G5x will come soon.

2 Likes

@Spikerguy I have no idea about this Panfrost, Bifrost, Mesa and other stuff related to the graphics in linux, while you are here, could you elaborate what those are, thanks mate :slightly_smiling_face:

There are many post on this forum which I have written and also chewitts explanation.

Please check them out.

1 Like

Ok, will read them, thanks mate :slight_smile:

I got libretro-beetle-psx and it’s slow on manjaro (as in game runs slow mode, at times), would say similar to ubuntu or worse, I must try with pcsx-rearmed but aarch64 not supported from AUR so will need to build it the way retropie does that and will say how it went if it works. Pads work with some AUR configs package for retroarch, I don’t remeber exactly for now which one it was, but my shanwan clone is supported both normal and dualshock mode correctly.
Still currently leaving my hopes to panfrost but would say this is playable already.

So far still the best results with Superceleron AndroidTV Pie, smooth gameplay :slight_smile:

Thanks for input in this topic and your work mate.

3 Likes

It is not only your expectation, everyone is waiting for Panfrost…
:pleading_face:

1 Like

I’m also more used to playing on Android, buddy
:point_up::slightly_smiling_face:

Me too, but I like my desktop gaming experience, there is nothing else like playing a game with a keyboard and mouse
:love_you_gesture:

otherwise I wouldn’t be the pro-gamer I am today, :sunglasses: