Two Pi Cameras on one device

Which Khadas SBC do you use?

VIM3 Pro

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas official

Please describe your issue below:

@numbqq

I understand that your MIPI CSI connector is unique for two reasons. One is that it is a 30 pin connector and the other is that the power supply is 3.3v. That aside, I see that it is a 4 lane bus.

I understand that you sell your own camera(s) and I have one to test with. I don’t have a problem with it in general. The only issue is, there are MANY different Pi compatible cameras that can be had in all different versions of Sony, OmniVision, etc… with different sensor, lens and accessories (such as zoom, auto focus, ir cut or no ir cut, etc…) that makes the ability to support Pi compatible cameras desirable.

Here is the question. In THEORY, since most of these cameras don’t use 4 lane anyway and likely 1 or 2 lane. One could create an adapter of some sort (cable or board) that allows two cameras to be run on one VIM3, right? I understand there is an 8MP limit but lets say each camera was only 4MP or less and each one only used 2 of the lanes (so one camera uses 2 lanes, the other uses the other 2 lanes) and of course, the camera would need to be 3.3v. If all of this is true, one could do something like this and run two Pi compatible cameras on one VIM, correct?

Also, let’s assume the hardware limitation was solved using the ideas above, are there any software limitations? Will Ubuntu be able to recognize and stream from both cameras?

This might be something I look into more unless you tell me there is something on your roadmap for this?

Thanks!

Post a console log of your issue below:

**Delete this line and post your log here.**