Truck dashboard

Did it fill the screen? Looked like it.
I will update the ROM later tonight and try if that’s the case.
I have to work tomorrow so I won’t be up late tonight. I might be a day or two before I report back.
Thank you some much for the video and your efforts :blush:

There is a small strip at the bottom. Looks like the area the toolbar would occupy.
You may want to wait, I don’t know when and I cannot be certain, but he may have a newer version coming. Don’t hold me to it, but might be worth waiting a bit.

No worries, I’ll be around.

Will do.
The new screen should be here tomorrow.
I will try it on there and see what I get.

1 Like

Indeed, I went from 150 watts to 600 on a 30cm, ScanSpeak subwoofer and it cured many ills in my car.

2 Likes

Bahahahahaha :joy: :joy:
Love it!!

5 Likes

Nice project looks cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you. It has been a long time coming

It is as if this screen was ment to be here?!?!?
After cutting out the middle I had to cut a gap for the screen to sit in. Outside to outside it just about perfect, so I glued back on some of the plastic I cut off to add strength and to add some sides to hold the screen from moving side to side. The entire back comes off so I will be able to mount the screen and still access all the “guts”

Thank all for you for your feed back. This community is great! I will (already have) spread the word about khadas and their products.

1 Like

Your project is coming along nicely. Can hardly wait to see it in operation.

1 Like

$3850 to fix the tranny!!

Sadly it’s going to be a minute.

The fans showed up today. @5v its a .2amp draw

Ouch! A good thing Christmas is already behind you.:laughing:
Does the price of that repair make ya long for an old school turbo-hydramatic or maybe even a rock crusher?

Yeah, .2A will be fine.

1 Like

Yes!!! LoL
Or even the knowledge to it my self. I have a ton of tools and I’m pretty confident in my ability?
But it will be “like new”. I got 250k out of it the first go round, hoping for more than that the second time.

250k on it is only about a penny mile. Not too bad when expessed in those terms.
I think it would not be too technically difficult to do it, but cleanliness is important with hydraulics. If I was the only human for a thousand miles, I might attempt it, otherwise I’ll leave it to someone with experience.

Yep looks cool! But I think to much equipment inside))))

And android its overkill for this simple task

But any way its cool
I like to do same :wink:

1 Like

Not sure how to cut down the amount of stuff inside?
I have an 1988 truck with a 2005 engine in it now with a 21 century dashboard?
I’m not a computer programmer so writing something to do this is outside my wheelhouse. I looked to the free market for my solution. This was the best I could come up with give my limited knowledge on the topic .
I’m completely open to ideas of improvement.

Hello! Is your project just a dashboard? Will he have any other functions?

1 Like

For the moment, yes.
I have a car stereo that runs android auto for everything else.
The input board for the screen does have a VGA input so I could use it as a screen for tunning?
It also has a composite input. I could run a back up camera? But my stereo already does that.

I have seen a company called “Qt” they make some cool software that allows you to create your own 3D layout. Look complicated!
I’m not a programmer so some of this is over my head.
Im just really excited that all the parts are coming together.