Transferring SDCard boot image to eMMC on Edge-V

I flashed an SD card with an Ubuntu Focal image (built using fenix) that successfully ran on the Edge-V after it was put into Upgrade mode. However, I would like to boot from the eMMc and was wondering how (if possible) to transfer the boot files from the SD card into the eMMC. I tried following the docs; however, when I run emmc-install and choose the Install/Update the bootloader on SD/eMMC option, the script almost immediately finishes. When I remove the SD card on the following reboot, nothing happens - no OS is booted/loaded.

Am I following the wrong steps? Are there further steps? Any help would be much appreciated!

Upon further inspection of the emmc-install shell script, it seems like a portion of the shell script is left with an echo "TODO". Perhaps I have an older version of the emmc-install script?

Hey! why try to do something if everything is already there :slightly_smiling_face::+1:

Hey Vlad!
Thanks for the link :slight_smile: I appreciate you trying to find me an easy solution!
Sadly though I will soon need to alter the linux kernel so I can’t use a precompiled version.

Is there a different workaround perhaps?

Thanks for the help!

I think that you can change the kernel from an already installed system, at least I know how to do it on Android.

its the same procedure between Linux and Android