Touchscreen connection possibilities

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Android 11

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Khadas official image

Please describe your issue below:

I have VIM4 and tried connecting to normal monitor through HDMI and everything works as expected. But I need a touchscreen (larger than 5" Khadas TS050, around 10.1-13.3") for my project and found some “driver-free” android-compatible touchscreens with HDMI picture input and USB touch output.

I searched over the whole forum and found guys did that already with ASM-125UC for VIM4 and Asus Zenscreen MB16AMT, Dell P2418HT, AOC 16T2 and Gechic T151a for Edge/Edge2.

As I understand, any HDMI+USB touchscreens should work with my VIM4, this was also mentioned there: USB/HDMI touch displays and VIM3. Am I right and can I order any this type touchscreen? Most of them are marked “Raspberry compatible”, but since they’re “driver-free” and “android supported” they should suit me.

One more question is that VIM4 has 4-line eDP interface also capable of handling image & touch signals from touchscreen. Is matching touchscreen and VIM4 eDP pinout the only issue there? Where I can get the VIM4 eDP pinout to select right touchscreen?

@goenjoy @Electr1 @Gouwa
Please help. Thx

@remarked If the touch screen is a USB interface. No drive required. All available.

1 Like