Tone2 Pro: Pre-Orders Begin 16th December @ $169.90!

truly balance output?
what is the SINAD/SNR/THD number?

1 Like

Hello and welcome! charts should appear soon, you need to wait for all tests from the manufacturer!
:+1:

1 Like

Sweet-looking RCA plug covers! Made of aircraft-grade aluminium, with bevelled and polished edges. :smile:

6 Likes

guess now we can safely listen to music with the Tone2Pro why flying in midair :laughing:

not kidding, would try that for fun :grin:

1 Like

5 Likes

Interesting solution!
:grinning::+1:

In this regard, I want to ask if an antenna is provided, and what is the receive radius?

1 Like

Yes the antenna will sit on top of the PCB, and there will be an enclosure. :smile:

No specifications for the reception radius as of this time (prototype).

3 Likes

@tsangyoujun lovely device!
is the module an in-house design ?

1 Like

Yes, if you follow the link, you will see, this is a branded module from Khadas,referred to as BT Magic ! :wink:

@tsangyoujun any chance for a nice 3D printed enclosure for the adapter ? :smile:

I think that the enclosure will be possible, but this is just a trial version.

Does the Tone2 Pro support MQA passed by streamer via SPDIF or only via USB?

Only USB Input with MQA support.

1 Like

That looks awesome :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:ā€¦ much more better than golden edges

2 Likes

Tone2 Pro includes a balanced 4.4 mm headphone jack, how many pins is the connector, would this cable be correct?

conector

Yep, T2P follow the standard 4.4mm pinout with 5 pins:

• 2 pins for Left -/+
  • Another 2 pins for Right -/+
  • The remaining 1 pin for Ground.

Good day!

Hello All,ā€¦

I finaly red all posts and as some peoples here, Iā€™m also a little disappointed, in fact doubly disappointedā€¦

I have a VIM2 with Tone1 (formerly named Tone-Board) and was impatient to have the possibility to order Tone 2 Pro Bare-bone for my VIM3.

Unfortunatly I could read that Bare-bone T2P will not exist, instead we can, in the future (Q1 2021) order a Tone2 with less performancesā€¦

Tone2 is XMOS XU208 embeded (as Tone1), ES9038Q2M DAC ONLY (as Tone1), T2P has DAC + HPA, and with MQA support on XMOS XU216, Tone2 is completely proprietary RCA connectors for balanced line-out (As T2P) which oblige the owner to buy more proprietary convertor cables !
So future T2 is in fact a Tone1 with proprietary RCA connectors !!! (no advantages and all disadvantages)

It is clear that T2P is a very High Performance/Quality product and will satisfy many owners and I was eager to have the possibility to order T2P Bare-bone.

But why keep waiting Q1 2021 Khadas VIMs owners for a Tone1 equivalent performance Bare-bone, I donā€™t understand !

Iā€™m sorry to tell you, as @ParasKPatel said, that I will also stick with my Tone1 Bare-bone unless Tone2 Bare-bone has the same performances as T2P !

Hi @DerFu
The Tone2 will with similar performance with the Tone2 Pro and also support balanced RCA.

Good day!

1 Like

So, Silimar or different ???

Do you have any plans to introduce a bluetooth module that supports Bluetooth 5.2?

It would be interesting to be able to test Bluetooth LE Audio and the LC3 codec, when new earphones become availableā€¦