Tone2 Pro: Pre-Orders Begin 16th December @ $169.90!

By the way, the Khadas company always promotes for the environmentally friendly products of its production!
:point_up:

1 Like

@Vladimir.v.v something like this?

Yes the aluminum anodization process is relatively clean, environmentally speaking.

Gouwa also didn’t want to use painted aluminum because that tends to chip and wear easily.

6 Likes

Yes, it is very beautiful and discreet, tasteful, strict appearance, it’s great :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

Now we’re talkin’. The Borg would appreciate that red and black combo… absolute perfection. :grin:

Beauty is in the eyes,…er ah, ocular implants of the beholder.

2 Likes

Invert Ruby Red with Black Text and Highlight…sweet

3 Likes

That color is impressive and magnificent. I choose that one.
Congratulations

1 Like

Simple question: Does the volume knob also control RCA output?

Thank you!
So you could connect directly to an amp and skip the preamp, correct?

@curtis Volume knob only controls the 3.5mm audio jack,
you will need to add a pre-amp for Volume control when using the balanced RCA.

If it only works for analog H/P jack, then I suppose the knob’s digital function is just for mode selection? Digital function just for mode selection seems like overkill, as push-to-change-mode seems would only require a momentary switch.

@tsangyoujun or @Gouwa Can you elaborate on the hybrid digital/analog multi-function knob?
For instance, it is said the knob serves as a pure analog volume control for the H/P outputs, so the would seem to take care of its analog function.
Does the digital side of the knob control the volume on the RCA analog outputs, similar to the hardware volume control function on the Tone1?
I assume push-to-change-mode is handled by a mechanical momentary switch, is that accurate?
Thanks.

@curtis @ParasKPatel See here, read all there.

1 Like

The Knob only control the hardware volume of headphone jacks, and the line out with fixed Vrms out.

Good day!

3 Likes

Yep, T2P design with hybrid digital/analog multi-function knob.

Our official firmware will only control the headphone volume of headphone jacks and line our with fixed out.

And it’s still possible for knob to control the output of line out via adjusting the volume register of ES9038Q2M DAC. And in that case, there will be two types volumes:

• DAC volume(digital) for both LINE OUT and Headphone Jacks
  • Hardware volume(analog) for Headphone Jacks only

But we think two volumes will be too much complex for most users, so we just disable the keep the DAC volume as MAX(highest performance), and only keep the hardware volume for Headphone Jacks.

We might release dedicated firmware to support the DAC volume for line out for specific users in the future in needed.

Good day!

4 Likes

You can tell me the size in mm of the Tone 2 PRO.
Thank you so much

is there gona be a vim3 tone board compatible like tone 1 vim3 edition?

Khadas has mentioned that a bare bone version, the Tone2 is slated for Q1 2021. Some features will only be present on the Tone2 Pro, but the new Khadas balanced RCA will be on both the Tone2 and Tone2 Pro.
I do not know if it will be designed to mount the VIM(x)'s GPIO like the Tone1 VIMs version does.

2 Likes

Another thing is concern too. Pro has XU216 but the bare bone has XU208 where XU208 may not able to reach DSD512. Why not has the same XU216 design for the bare bone

1 Like

Yes, it will be, just like with your vim3, there can be no discrepancies! :wink:

Yes, but as RDFTKV said, will differ optionally.

1 Like

Tone2 Pro Exploded Diagram: Download JPG

8 Likes

Cool!The Art of Making!

5 Likes

Praise Fusion 360! :smile:

2 Likes