Tone2 Pro: Pre-Orders Begin 16th December @ $169.90!

You can tell me the size in mm of the Tone 2 PRO.
Thank you so much

is there gona be a vim3 tone board compatible like tone 1 vim3 edition?

Khadas has mentioned that a bare bone version, the Tone2 is slated for Q1 2021. Some features will only be present on the Tone2 Pro, but the new Khadas balanced RCA will be on both the Tone2 and Tone2 Pro.
I do not know if it will be designed to mount the VIM(x)'s GPIO like the Tone1 VIMs version does.

2 Likes

Another thing is concern too. Pro has XU216 but the bare bone has XU208 where XU208 may not able to reach DSD512. Why not has the same XU216 design for the bare bone

1 Like

Yes, it will be, just like with your vim3, there can be no discrepancies! :wink:

Yes, but as RDFTKV said, will differ optionally.

1 Like

Tone2 Pro Exploded Diagram: Download JPG

8 Likes

Cool!The Art of Making!

5 Likes

Praise Fusion 360! :smile:

2 Likes

truly balance output?
what is the SINAD/SNR/THD number?

1 Like

Hello and welcome! charts should appear soon, you need to wait for all tests from the manufacturer!
:+1:

1 Like

Sweet-looking RCA plug covers! Made of aircraft-grade aluminium, with bevelled and polished edges. :smile:

6 Likes

guess now we can safely listen to music with the Tone2Pro why flying in midair :laughing:

not kidding, would try that for fun :grin:

1 Like

5 Likes

Interesting solution!
:grinning::+1:

In this regard, I want to ask if an antenna is provided, and what is the receive radius?

1 Like

Yes the antenna will sit on top of the PCB, and there will be an enclosure. :smile:

No specifications for the reception radius as of this time (prototype).

3 Likes

@tsangyoujun lovely device!
is the module an in-house design ?

1 Like

Yes, if you follow the link, you will see, this is a branded module from Khadas,referred to as BT Magic ! :wink:

@tsangyoujun any chance for a nice 3D printed enclosure for the adapter ? :smile:

I think that the enclosure will be possible, but this is just a trial version.

Does the Tone2 Pro support MQA passed by streamer via SPDIF or only via USB?