Tone2 Pro - Firmware Update v1.41

Thank you for your answer, and I hope that in the next firmware it will be possible to control Khadas TP2 using BT magic))

Tone2 Pro v1.41 firmware has already provided volume support for BT Magic, but it requires an APP to control BT Magic for volume adjustment. Our team is currently developing an APP. We can use the APP to control BT Magic later. Thanks

1 Like

@kenny

Just upgraded to macOS 14 Sonoma, Tone2 are listed in usb devices tree, but not in audio output, I’ve just flashed both version of 1.41 firmware, they all are same, seems in macOS 14, Tone 2 is just a normal usb device but not a usb dac.

Please see the attached file.

The Tone 2 is not in midi setup, totally not recognized by macOS 14.

Here is the audio output selection. no Tone 2

Hi steve3d,
We check Tone2 Pro 1.41 firmware at macOS Ventura 13.5.1 is ok, will check it after update macOS to 14 later. This may take 2 weeks(for 8-day holiday during the Mid-Autumn Festival and National Day),thanks.

Yes, Tone 2 pro works in every version before macOS 14.

Hi steve3d,
macOS already update to 14.0, reconnect 20 times, but not meet your issue. could you help to try another USB cable, weather there is any improvement?

I don’t have a OTG cable for now, but I’ve tested usb 2.0 Type-A to C, USB 3.0 Type-C 5G/10G, USB 3.2 Type-C 20G, and even USB4.0 cable,

They just don’t show up, but before macOS 14, any USB-C cable works in windows/linux and mac.

My device 11A2002D on firmware 1.41 crackles twice when switching tracks in foobar2000 version 2. I returned the firmware to 1.30 - this double crash stopped. What can be wrong? USB driver version 5.30.

Hi V_U11,
I check this at foobar2000 v1.6.11, the probability of crackles is not that high, but still meet this issue while operate very faster.

When using the foobar2000, if the knob is turned too fast, there is a certain probability that the foobar2000 will get stuck.In order to balance the switching smoothness when using other players and the abnormal occurrence probability of foobar2000, a delay of about 200ms was set for sending the previous and next song switching instructions(the delay set 500ms at firmwarev 1.3, also meet this issue but will be better).

not very sure case this reson, could you help to take a vedio to show the operation?

@kenny Any ETA on the update for the sleep issue on Windows?

Running Windows 11 and it’s SUPER annoying that the last device that prevents the sleep is the Tone2 Pro. I can off course turn it off, but it makes it even more annoying… I have even thinking about selling this device because of this issue.

Hi Herbert,
This problem can be solved by removing the USB HID function, but it will also render the up and down track and HID volume controls ineffective. USB HID has an effect similar to keyboard input, which will keep waking up the computer and preventing the computer from entering sleep mode. haven’t found a better solution yet, will try a better way to solve this.

At the lowest volume and low gain, I use high-sensitivity and low-impedance headphones and it’s still very loud. Is there any way to improve it?

Hi Ulenkauo_lkrylovau,
In this case, you can try tone2pro-xmos-hid-v1.41 firmware and reduce the volume through system volume adjustment.

How do you remove that? I have tried to flash the 2 different FW’s to the device. But how do you specifically disable that?
xmox-v.1.41 won’t do that

Hi Herbert,
Need to change the xmos firmware to disable this function, xmos-v1.41 not support hid volume, but support hid to switch tracks. i can make a special firmware later for you to disable this.

Hi, if you can do that i would highly appreciate it.
I tried to upgrade my FW to xmos.-v1.41 (without the HID function) and now it doesn’t show up in any powercfg lists in CMD in windows 11. But still, when i turn the Tone2 Pro off the PC goes to sleep immediately… So it’s the last thing that keeps my pc from going to sleep :confused:

Hi Herbert,
will sent you the firmware this week. thanks

Hello. Your Khadas audio app is out now. I have installed it on android and ipad. However, this application does not see my khadas tone2 pro and magic bt. Is support expected in the future?

Hi papalexxx,
Yes, we will definitely add BT Magic support. This is the next plan for our APP. We are deeply sorry for the delayed release of the APP. Thank you for your patience.

1 Like