Tensorflow in VIM1 installation problem

I am trying to install tensorflow using the procedure mentioned in khadas docs. I have tried on ubuntu 18 initially. But i failed to install due to unsupported platform error.

Then i have installed ubuntu16 on VIM1. But during installing tensorflow using below command
pip3 install tensorflow-1.8.0-cp35-none-linux_aarch64.whl
it is failed after some time at below
Collecting futures>=2.2.0; python_version < “3.2” (from grpcio>=1.8.6->tensorflow==1.8.0) **
** Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/47/04/5fc6c74ad114032cd2c544c575bffc17582295e9cd6a851d6026ab4b2c00/futures-3.3.0.tar.gz

** Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info: **
** This backport is meant only for Python 2. **
** It does not work on Python 3, and Python 3 users do not need it as the concurrent.futures package is available in the standard library. **
** For projects that work on both Python 2 and 3, the dependency needs to be conditional on the Python version, like so: **
** extras_require={’:python_version == “2.7”’: [‘futures’]} **

**Command “python setup.py egg_info” failed with error code 1 in /tmp/pip-build-q4vd24ph/futures/ **
**You are using pip version 8.1.1, however version 19.2.2 is available. **
You should consider upgrading via the ‘pip install --upgrade pip’ command.

I have upgraded pip also. But no use.

Kindly advise on installing tensorflow on VIM1.

Regards,
Vijay

@vijayKhadas Can you check you pip version pip --version ? 8.1.1 is the default version in ubuntu . you can designted the version by use ==

Hi Frank,
Thanks for suggestion. In fact i have upraded PIP but was not successful. But later I have re installed everything and working fine now.
But I am wondering to know, why it is not supported on UBUNTU18.04. I wanted to install it for Ubuntu18. But unable to use this version of tensor flow.

@vijayKhadas The version of cp35 cannot be installed on ubuntu18. You can install cp36

Can you share any link to download the CP36 version of tensorflow. I have tried but could not find any .

@vijayKhadas Can you wait a little longer? We’ll have the relevant documents published soon. There will be download links. We’ll sort it out. Not only cp36, but also many dependent packages

@Frank May I know expected time lines for cp36 docs rollout ?

@vijayKhadas Just recently, we’re speeding up the process.

@vijayKhadas hello How to install TensorFlow && keras with Ubuntu18.04

1 Like

@Frank Great ! Thanks. I will check and get back to you.