Technical assistance Tone Board

Hello,
I connected the 5 volts DC of an external power supply on PIN # 1 and ground on PIN # 21.
The LED lights but the DAC does not work.
The DAC works when I plug it into the USB.

Can you help me ?

Best regards.

1 Like

Can you attach a photo? It would be great! And speed tests - that would be cool!

Hi,

Here there.

1 Like

Hello! The photo does not show the connection of the tone board to the VIM motherboard. Without a motherboard, the tone board does not work.

Hi,

To complete my remarks:
When the DAC is powered by USB, it works.
When the DAC is powered by my external power supply on pins 1 and 21, it does not work.
When the DAC is powered by my external power supply on the USB, it does not work.
I checked the connections and the presence voltage of my power supply, everything is good.
I have seen montages that work without VIM motherboard, so I do not think it’s mandatory?

Best regards

1 Like

In my case the TB works with spdif source and power on pin 1 and 21. Both with and without usb connected.

Hello,

Thanks for your help.
I have doubts about my power supply.
I will do tests with another.
Which model do you use?

Best regards.

LT3042 :wink: RF Linear Regulators are beautiful but not simple, did you solve this? Working with a USB Y splitter hack the LT start up condition works, with your LT board wired to 1/21 GPIO (as your pictures show) KTB will power up (led on) but you will have no sound, if you are using a USB Y splitter hack and cycle the USB connection you will have really distorted sound from the KTB (it sounds broken ;))

Understanding the LT3042/45 is needed to modify the LT PSU, I hope for more time to modify now winter is coming.

Please let us know if you modded the LT PSU or purchased some other PSU.

Kia ora ano

Is this another example of Dunning Kruger in action?

Hello,

Problem not solved …
I have noticed how you describe me …
It would come from the LT3042?
Can I test with a charger and USB cable on terminals 1 and 21?
Best regards.

Hello,

The remark of COOL0007 does not help me much.
I’m starting, sorry.
It may never have happened to anyone?

Best regards.

You need 5V and perhaps 1A on the power pins. When I use my phone to power the TB it lights up but won’t start. The phone doesn’t provide enough power for start up of the TB. You can use any 5V phone charger to confirm if TB works in your set up.

Hello

I just tried it with a phone charger and USB cord which I only connected the + and the - and it works!
I have a DC voltage of 5V just like my LT3042 power supply with which it does not work.
To understand nothing …
For those who have made the conclusive test with an external power supply, can you give me the references?

Best regards

The LT3042 is a regulator. It needs an input voltage at least 6V to provide 5V. It could be just 500mA. Audiophonics sells a similar 1A board.

Доброго времени суток! У меня такой вопрос: ТБ подключаю к телевизору через HDMI, РСА подключаю к усилителю, звук все время идет через телевизор. Что я делаю не правильно? При подключении к компьютеру все работает отлично. Может в следующих прошивках к VIM3 стоит в настройках добавить возможность переключения между выходами РСА и HDMI. Tone Board VIMs/
Спасибо! Может это связано с режимом HDMI- CEC на моем VIM3.

Did you try provide the power from the LT regulator through some DIY usb cable through USB C port on Khadas? If it works then i think something is missing here.