Suggestion for an "open source" DAC

Hi,

I am in the market for an Open Source DAC. And I’ve been told that Khadas Tone is a great choice, but I can’t seem to find source code for firmware.

1. Could you point me in the right direction?
  2. Is the source code available for Tone 2 Pro? or Tone 2?
  3. Which parts of stack are made open source? Can I for example write my own audio filter?

Thanks,
Tyler

1 Like

@TylerDurden @Gouwa @Eric68 Please help this

1 Like

Is there any update on Khadas “Open Source” Tone2?

Thanks,
Tyler

Yep, WIP, but slightly delayed :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks, looking forward to it very much :slight_smile:

Is there any update? I recall there was some mention of releasing the source for the Tone1 all the way back in 2019?

1 Like

Would love an update
Looking forward to seeing the OS Tone!

In fact, you can find es9038q2m program control in GitHub and USB Audio 2.0 program on XMOS website. However, both T1 and T2P are closed-loop control, and you can’t use external control.

Are there any updates on this topic? @Eric68 @Gouwa

I can’t find the es9038q2m program control in GitHub. Did you have a direct link?

:point_up_2: ??? @tsangyoujun @kenny

1 Like

Hi _HaMa,
Tone1/Tone2/Tone2 Pro’s source code still not ready to opensource.

Hi @kenny,
Let’s move forward to release the full source code of both Tone2 first as we sell Tone2 with Maker Kit, and the source code able to let both the makers and OEM vendors to create more possibilities for their project.

Good day!

5 Likes

@Gouwa @kenny Would be great if you could update the thread when the source code is available.
Thanks!

Hi TylerDurden,
Yeah, I will update the info this thread after Tone2(XU208) open-source, around the end of Q4. Thank you.

Hi frends,
@TylerDurden @_HaMa @t_x_f @_HaMa
Tone2 project already upload the sorce code to github, please check here:

please enjoy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like