Root access on android

Hi everyone!

I can’t deal with root access on VIM3. It seems to be there, but it doesn’t seem to be there. If we run the **su --version** command on VIM2 (VIM2_Nougat_V180619) in the terminal, we get **2.82: SUPERSU**, but for VIM3 (VIM3_Pie_V210128) **su --version** outputs **su: invalid uid/gid '--version'**, and apps don’t get privileges. What is the problem, what is missing?

hello, please note that vim2 has an SU application installed, which gives you the right to select an application for root access, vim3 has root access for all applications by default.

2 Likes

When running the sh script, I get the error su: invalid uid/gid '-c' , as I understand it, this means that there is no provider for su, sorry if I do not express myself correctly, I do not know how to call it correctly. How can I then run my sh script on vim 3? In supersu on vim2, it was clear that the privileges are provided for a specific application (I connect using SSHDroid over ssh), on vim 3, if you put supersu, this is not visible, but I am not sure that it works correctly there.

In simple terms, there is no SU application in vim3, so you get an error.
At the same time, you can freely edit and make changes in the system, since root access is open!

Thank you, now it’s clear! I just don’t need to use su.

1 Like

hi recently i got an khadas vim3 pro and builded aosp9 for it flashed and working fine, but when i install microsoft apps like teams, outlook, those apps are not opening by saying “your device is a rooted device” how can i unroot my Khadas vim3 sbc, any adb commands are there…?, any procedure is there…?

Thanks in advance

Hello, if you want to remove the root permission of the device, you need to roll back the root-related submissions in the following three paths and compile them into a new image.

common$ git revert 0709b76bffc9e226a4c4a4c8ab7abf2eddf6bb06

frameworks/base$ git revert 6bb24dbfbdb9c98fe6b9e5f5efecad3ac0fcade8

system/core$ git revert  07ec65c6c7d5de15453b9e5c9d58b147fc41b709
system/core$ git revert  e60ca1d09e8abfba713d4507ff2dd70d8e753eb4
1 Like

hi xiong.zhang, thanks for your reply. I did revert for your suggested paths in source code, what build should i go for KVIM3-USER or KVIM3-USERDEBUG? or this time it wont make any affect as we removed root permissions from source code?

@katta_Prudhvi_Raj
Our default compilation is userdebug. Turning off the root permission will not have other bad effects, but the device can no longer be used with root permission, and the device also prompts that the device has not been rooted.

1 Like

Thank you xiong.zhang