[ROM] SC VIM3 Pie "Normal" Debug Build v8 20211122

ho you are that one :slight_smile: i use the same nick as here but i never posted sinceā€¦ i do not talk russian lol
Anyway im finishing now first the vim1 builds then i will take care of this ones!

3 Likes

Dear Superceleron. Thank you so much for your great work!

Iā€™m using your v.4 Pie and like it very much but Iā€™m wondering why some apps have different
layout in your firmwares comparing with Khadas stock Android 9 firmwares?
For instance, this is Total Commander main screen in Khadas stock firmwares:

And this is the same TC screen in your firmwares both in Debug or User versions:

The buttons in right upper corner of the app screen are missing and you canā€™t use all features
of this app without some tricks. And in some other apps like Titanium Backup you canā€™t even reach some settings and commands at all.

Is it possible to fix it somehow or use some workaround to have the same functionality of these apps in your firmwares?

2 Likes

Iā€™ll also add from myself, there are no choice of equalizer modes in VLCā€¦

1 Like

Guys my roms use leanback mode (ATV) in Normal builds!
That is why it shows like thatā€¦ i forgot to change it back lol
I will set it back to ā€œnormalā€ in my next build.
Thks for remind me!

3 Likes

Thank you, Superceleron.
Will be waiting for your update. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for your hard work!
Is navigation bar can be closed in V4?

yes it have a down arrow on it, if you press it, it will hide it, until you pull it up again or long press home to show it again!

as far as I know, in the latest version, auto-hide panels work, that is, it appears when you hover, as for me, it is very convenient.

1 Like

Build doneā€¦ just need some time to remember and write what is fixed in this buildā€¦ if i rememberā€¦ lol
Btw there is a bug in USER build that do not let Antutu finish the testā€¦ i still dindā€™t had the time to debug it.
So use the DEBUG build if you want to use Antutuā€¦

6 Likes

Updated first post with V5

4 Likes

Will you release an OTA?

yes in a day or 2, i canā€™t do it right now!

3 Likes

Great build ā€œDebug/User v.5ā€! So far, everything works (except Velvet.apk., but I replaced it with a new Katniss.apk, and everything became goodā€¦:slightly_smiling_face:). Thank you, SuperCeleron, for your work!!! ā€¦ :hugs:

weird it works just fine here, you see it as a google icone in all apps, but well if you know how to change and like the atv oneā€¦ good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have and on past builds ā€œvoice searchā€ did not work (I do not know why?), except for the last Katniss.apkā€¦ :thinking:

the thing is, everything is individual :slightly_smiling_face:

Debug/User v.5 ā€¦ :smiley:

5 Likes

Superceleron, is it planned kernel support init.d in your firmware v6?
Thanks

1 Like

I do not like it, i will think about it!

there are other alternative ways easier to implement custom scripts