Rockchip RK3588 SoC Specs Revealed

Just post some EVB board photos to the community who interest in RK3588:

RK3588

RK3588S(Less features)

5 Likes

was there DDR4 or DDR5 used in the EVBs ?

can immediately see the equipment looks more professional :+1:

Rk3588S is for mobile/tablet use case.

Some pictures here.

1 Like

so many questions, anxiously awaiting for the device release :slightly_smiling_face:

would you guys ever consider doing qualcomm based boards? would be great things like an sd870

i suppose it comes down to pricing, how much is the bulk piece of sd870 and something like the new rockchip?

qualcomm busines model is share from device price. At least with phones

Are there any information if the RK3588 is possible to connect with big GPU card ?

When you design a new board, is it complicated to get an EVB from Rockchip/Amlogic ? What type of documents they give you ? (detailed datasheet ? a simple design of a basic implementation ?)
As individual, can I easily order few chips/samples or do I have to order 1000 ?
In any case I hope that rockchip are better in terms of Linux/Manline support than Amlogic :slight_smile:

Hopefully that is the case as there isn’t any memory address limitations, time will tell :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey! this processor is implemented strictly for phones, this is how to put Amlogic or Rockchip on a phone, there will be big problems. Let’s be realistic.
:wink::+1:

With current status of mainline linux support it is doubtful as it will be stuck with Android support only.
Qualcomm doesn’t provide linux support so there is no point in having such sbc.

It is not just the price that matters, it need support too for any vendor to work with a fabless company

Yes but you can try contacting them directly and see if they’re interested in that many chips sales.

Rockchip rk3399s is in phone now. Pine64 PinephonePro
Rk plan to have rk3588s on phone too.

Qualcomm have tablets and laptops so it all depends on how vendors use the chip and which software they provide.

Hey!
The phone is little-known, I think it’s nothing good. By the way, there was some kind of TV-box on Qualcomm, its story ended there, there were no more of them.:smiling_face:

LE has an image for a Qualcomm device (410c). It was the device that Kodi V4L2 support was originally prototyped on and the board (and it’s newer successor) has mature support upstream; most of the work was done through Linaro:

Their non-phone chipsets are mostly used with industrial uses, but that’s not a big deal because for board manuafacturers that’s where the $$$ is: end-user consumers are low-volume, high-maintenance and not worth as much to the business (normally).

1 Like

Are you going to use both versions of the RK3588?