Pytorch & Tensorflow Capability

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

Ubuntu

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

N/A

Please describe your issue below:

I am looking to purchase a Khadas Edge 2 Pro (NOT the Maker kit). In the product page (https://www.khadas.com/edge2), there is a statement:

The NPU supports mainstream deep learning frameworks, such as TensorFlow, Pytorch, MxNET and so on. The powerful RK3588S brings optimized neural network performance to various A.I. applications.

If I am running Ubuntu on the Edge 2 Pro, then to install Pytorch WITH the NPU support, is this a special build of Pytorch that is provided by Khadas, or will the standard release build of Pytorch come with NPU support.

Same question for Tensorflow.

Post a console log of your issue below:

N/A

Ive got Tensorflow already installed and functional with no issues… PyTorch I’ve come into a couple issues so far… Install and import order of installtools vs distutils… between PyTorch and Python3… leads to a launch failure. As well as some issue Ive yet to look at with the PyTorch Navigator… likely get to that this weekend…

Thanks for your reply, Leucitic!

Since you’ve been able to install Tensorflow, how are you able to confirm that you are leveraging the NPU? Do you have any benchmarks you can share?

Haven’t ran any benchmarks yet… still building… and consolidating. An EMMC is a bit limiting… unless manufacturers decide to switch to quartz quantum storage for them anytime soon. Probably best to run a stack of edge 2 pro’s delegating particular resource intensive processes amongst the multiple units. Leaving critical applications to each unit’s build to serve as the bulk of the replicated common denominator appearing on each unit’s custom OS build… for fluid communication and processing between the stack. Ive been distracted from furthering progress on all that while toying with multiples of VNC providers whom seem to have an issue providing server support to ARM64 non-android or non-ios distros… :roll_eyes: in the meantime… not being able to work anytime from phone remote access… has slowed my personal progress with the project to a crawl. I’ve spoken with several providers already… suggesting to them an install option for at least an ARM64/Arch64 generic script install… likely will land their softwares on another 500k+ devices minimally globally already…

You already install the NPU kit?