Problems reinstalling Windows 11 on the Mind

Ok so I was having some trouble with my new Mind so I tried to reinstall Windows 11 but I got this error message that says it can’t install Windows and that it needs to restart. Unfortunately when I hit “OK” it just restarts and then gives me the exact same error prompt over and over again leaving me in limbo.

I’ve been on customer service with Windows but they don’t have any idea how to reach the bios or the bootdrive. I keep trying to start a repair install but I simply can’t get past this error prompt.

I do have access to cmd prompt, but that’s about it.

Do I need to send this back for repair? Do you have any ideas on how to restart the installation process?

Hi
How were you installing the new windows:

Normally I would
Dload Iso image.
Burn/write to a USB Drive with rufus.
Boot from USB then follow the onscreen instructions

Not sure your reason for wanting to resetup.

Trying to save current windows/files and install a new one can cause crazzy stuff.

Best I find do custom install, delete all partitions then let windows do the rest.
So its lean and clean and a tad mean.

Thank you very much for purchasing Khadas products.

From your description, it seems that you are currently experiencing difficulties with installing Windows 11.

We recommend following the steps below to attempt the installation again:

1. Visit the official Windows website to redownload the Windows 11 Media Tool and create a USB bootable drive (follow the tutorial on the official website step by step).
  2. Ensure that Mind is completely powered off. Insert the USB drive, power on the device, and vigorously press F7 to access the boot options menu. Select the USB bootable drive to enter the Windows 11 installation interface.
  3. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the system installation. After completion, visit the Khadas official website to download and install the driver patch, and apply all available system patches.
  4. Reattempt to check if the touchscreen is functioning properly.

We will continue to track your issue.
If there are any updates or if you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.

Yes all good advice 100% if he can :wink:
If he has a bad install maybe getting into wondows from this point is an issue.

Installing windows is pretty much follow the screen prompts not much can go wrong.
But in your case it has.

As mentioned trying to recover save current setting can cause some crazzies.
Especially if Virus or hardware failure.

Custom install delete all partitions, should hopefully override and be clean.
You will just need drivers for the Mind
Mind Drivers

Hope in all sports out well

Hi, I reinstalled win11 according your steps above. I got blue screen

after I removed these driver that working fine until now.

Hi Hello
If you go to

You will find drivers for your particular unit.
Should be OK from there on…

Cheers

Hi Rebort
I already downloaded them but when I install them I got blue screen

Not sure at this stage, unless wrong version or file or Windows ?

Normally unzip the file to a known location.
For each unknown device in windows, have disk and browse and point to this location above.

Should pickup correct driver for the version you are using.
Unless previous corruption may be an issue.
When you remove item that caused failure ensure you remove driver as well.

Cheers

We apologize for keeping you waiting.
We have just returned from the Chinese New Year holiday.
Your blue screen error code is: nipcibrd.sys SECURE_PCI_CONFIG_SPACE_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Based on our research, the cause of your issue may be related to a setting in the BIOS (VT-D related).
Please try the following steps to troubleshoot and resolve your issue:

1. Try pressing and holding the power button of your Mind machine for 30 seconds to reset your BIOS settings.
  2. Try using the MindApp to update your BIOS to the latest version (if you can currently access the system).
  3. Please confirm which specific driver is causing the error.

We will continue to follow up on this issue until it is resolved.

I also encountered a similar problem. The reinstallation method I chose was to directly reseal the official zip system image as iso, and then use PE tools for installation. The method of downloading and installing drivers one by one was too slow.

Attached with official image address: dl.khadas.com - Index of /products/mind/os/

1 Like