Problem with nvme memory

I make order. Two days I must wait for this delivery. Thank You.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.minisatip.putty this is this program?

@Unappu you need to use your host PC or laptop…

connect the serial debugger to your PC, and select the appropriate COM port and use 115200 baud rate,
more info here:

I have now this tool. Please for instructions how to connect this to Edge V. I have 4 pins no 3. Red, white, black and green

I don’t see picture VIM in Yours instruction

The VIM’s guide shows the connections, for clarity I changed VIM’s to Edge-V…
Tool Tool Pin GND: <—> Pin17 of Edge-V’s GPIO
Tool Tool Pin TXD: <—> Pin18 of Edge-V’s GPIO (Linux_Rx)
Tool Tool Pin RXD: <—> Pin19 of Edge-V’s GPIO (Linux_Tx)
Pay close attention to the TX and RX lines. The tool’s RX line connects to the GPIO’s TX pin. The tool’s TX line connects to the GPIO’s RX pin.
Colors shown in this example may not be the same colors as yours…

A look at the Edge-V’s GPIO, notice the numbers printed on the PCB at either end of the GPIO connector. 1&21 at one end, 20&40 at the other end. You will be concerned with the end and row with 20. Specifically pins 19, 18 and 17, as shown here…

GPIO4Serial
Once the serial tool is connected to the Edge-V, install Putty on your PC. Connect your Serial tool to the PC’s USB port. Once installed and running, some settings/info in Putty will be needed to be changed.

Baud rate(Speed) set to 1500000

Once all is set, click on the Session and click save.

Are you using Windows, Linux or Apple? We need to know what COM port the USB serial tool is on.
Windows example using the Windows Device Manager to ID the COM port…

If you are successful to this stage let me know and we will move to getting the log. :slightly_smiling_face:

Otherwise, Once all is ready to go, click Open at the bottom of Putty. Boot the Edge-V. Once fully booted you can close Putty. The log will be in Putty’s program folder. goenjoy may want more than the boot log, but by now you are an old pro and will be able to produce additional logs. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the instructions. Is there a risk of damaging my computer if the pin assignments in my tool are different? I am very happy with my Edge V max and would not want to lose it. It is no longer available in Poland …

If TX and RX lines get reversed it won’t work but should not cause damage at either end. I have done it before, more than once, never any damage. The GND pin(17) on the GPIO should be connected to the tools GND(Ground) wire.
Did your tool come with a legend telling what each wire is for?
If not, assume Black is Ground, White and Green wires are RX and TX. The Red wire is likely “+” voltage/VCC, it will not be used, do not connect it.

I didn’t get any instructions from the store … I don’t have any description …

Is anything written on the connectors?
@Unappu Can you send link to the converter you purchased?
@Unappu Before you connect the leads to the Edge-V, we can check the converter by connecting it to the PC’s USB port.

Konwerter USB - DuPont dla czujnika Lidar TFmini Botland - Sklep dla robotyków There are no markings on the pins

the same as Electr1 recommended to me

@Unappu it looks like the color coding is like that of a USB cable,

so:

red = +ve voltage
black = -ve voltage
white = TX data
green = RX data

remember TX of board connects to RX of cable, and RX of board connects to TX of data

1 Like

Just a reminder, do not connect the Red wire.

That is for the VIMs, the Edges use baud rate 1500000.

ah, yes, I was unaware of that
thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sorry it’s quite difficult for me. How will it be the colors from the right …first black?

Tool Black wire(GND): <—> Pin17 of Edge-V’s GPIO
Tool White wire(TX): <—> Pin18 of Edge-V’s GPIO (Linux_Rx)
Tool Green wire(RX): <—> Pin19 of Edge-V’s GPIO (Linux_Tx)
Tool Red wire(+ voltage)<-> DO NOT CONNECT

1 Like

i have problem with driver. In the same computer I have Linux Mint

I am sorry, I do not know what the error dialog is saying. Maybe contact the seller and see if they have a driver or solution.

I try now make system update