Please confirm that I can use Tone Board with VIM3 playing music files from Micro SD card using RCA outputs?

I am going to order a Tone Board to use with my VIM3 Basic and I want to confirm that I will be able to play files from the Micro SD card on the VIM3 and output through the Tone Board to the RCA jacks.

EDIT: Looking at this graphic from the Tone Board user manual it looks like I can do what I am asking about but confirmation would be nice.ToneboardConnectionVIMs

Thanks for any info.

Yes, can and you can also use the SSD for the storage.

Have fun!

1 Like

Thanks Gouwa.

I just ordered my Tone Board and I’m looking forward to getting it set up.

I have a similar question, but I will use Khadas VIM3 Pro with CoreELEC and connect a Tom Board VIM version, playing songs through CoreELEC will I have a signal on the analog L / R?

If I am not playing anything on the VIM3 Board and I put a coaxial SPDif input signal, will I have a signal on the analog L / R from coaxial input?

1 Like

Hi ,welcome! there should be no problems with Coreelec, there in the “audio output” section you can choose ToneBoard or any other options
:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

:+1:

Thank you,

One more question, using Tone Board connected with VIM3 Board through GPIO, will the power come from the VIM3 Board? Can I then use USB-C as an audio input?

Yes,the original power supply for vim3 will be enough.

yes, it serves to capture audio,to output sound only spdif and rca

2 Likes

да все работает заказывай только со впаянным раземом
при таком подключении увеличится нагрев вим

1 Like

any success with your project??

what is maximum nvme ssd size??

Tx

The limitation is the capacity of your SSD that you can buy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok … so the vim board will see whatever size drive the nvme socket can handle … perfect.

So now i have to confirm that operating system (volumio) will see drive as well

1 Like