Parsec and moonlight

Hello,

Has anyone tried out the edge 2 as a client for parsec or moonlight? I’m curious to know if this works, android or linux.

Thanks, appreciate any help!

Hello @lofipictures

Could you plaese provide more information about this?

Certainly, thanks for the quick response.

I’m wanting to use the edge 2 to power a custom tablet build I’m working on. One of the primary uses for the edge 2 would be to remote into my main home PC so I can control it from the tablet. Now to connect to the PC, I have a few options. If I use Linux on the edge 2, I can RDP into my PC using something like Remmina. I’ve done this quite succesfully with other SBCs that were less powerfull, so I’m pretty sure the edge 2 would handle this great.

But I’m more interested in using either Parsec:

Which can work on linux or android, or Moonlight:

Which can work on android.

These two softwares can be pretty particular about hardware though, especially for ARM SBCs. For example my odroid n2+ is too underpowered for Moonlight, and not compatible with Parsec. Android or Linux.

I also contacted parsec and they said it might run on an edge 2, but the only way to know is to try it… I’d be glad to purchase an edge 2, it seems like a fabulous device, but I’m just not ready to order it untill I can get some sort of confirmation that it can be used as a client to connect to my host PC, using Parsec or Moonlight.

So that being said, I’m hoping someone can either confirm or try out Parsec or Moonlight on the edge 2? I’m sold if I can stream my PC to the edge 2 in this way :slight_smile:

I’m open to using android or linux, so as long as it works.

Thanks again!!

Check this:
Moonlight - Game streaming (Steam link) - VIM3 - Khadas Community

cheers

Thanks for that, and this will also work on the edge 2? I’m kind of a noob with this stuff, apologies. The instructions are to build on the vim3, just wondering if it will build on the edge 2 also.

Thanks again!

it is general instructions for almost all arm64 sbcs

Hello again,

I received my edge 2 board and am trying to install moonlight on it with the instructions you linked above, but I’m getting errors when I try to run “make”.

ubuntu gnome 22.04 installed from oowow.

khadas@Khadas:~/moonlight-embedded/build$ make
[  2%] Building C object libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/__/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/AudioStream.c.o
[  4%] Building C object libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/__/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ByteBuffer.c.o
[  6%] Building C object libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/__/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/Connection.c.o
[  8%] Building C object libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/__/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ConnectionTester.c.o
[ 10%] Building C object libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/__/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c.o
/home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c: In function ‘startControlStream’:
/home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:1190:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘enet_address_set_address’; did you mean ‘enet_address_set_host’? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 1190 |         enet_address_set_address(&address, (struct sockaddr *)&RemoteAddr, RemoteAddrLen);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |         enet_address_set_host
/home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:1191:9: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘enet_address_set_port’; did you mean ‘enet_address_set_host’? [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
 1191 |         enet_address_set_port(&address, ControlPortNumber);
      |         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      |         enet_address_set_host
/home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:1194:42: error: ‘ENetAddress’ has no member named ‘address’
 1194 |         client = enet_host_create(address.address.ss_family, NULL, 1, 1, 0, 0);
      |                                          ^
/home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:1194:62: warning: passing argument 2 of ‘enet_host_create’ makes integer from pointer without a cast [-Wint-conversion]
 1194 |        client = enet_host_create(address.address.ss_family, NULL, 1, 1, 0, 0);
      |                                                             ^~~~
      |                                                             |
      |                                                             void *

In file included from /home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/Limelight-internal.h:14,
                 from /home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:1:
/usr/include/enet/enet.h:545:60: note: expected ‘size_t’ {aka ‘long unsigned int’} but argument is of type ‘void *’
  545 | ENET_API ENetHost * enet_host_create (const ENetAddress *, size_t, size_t, enet_uint32, enet_uint32);
      |                                                            ^~~~~~
/home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:1194:18: error: too many arguments to function ‘enet_host_create’
 1194 |         client = enet_host_create(address.address.ss_family, NULL, 1, 1, 0, 0);
      |                  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In file included from /home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/Limelight-internal.h:14,
                 from /home/khadas/moonlight-embedded/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c:1:
/usr/include/enet/enet.h:545:21: note: declared here
  545 | ENET_API ENetHost * enet_host_create (const ENetAddress *, size_t, size_t, enet_uint32, enet_uint32);
      |                     ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
make[2]: *** [libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/build.make:132: libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/__/third_party/moonlight-common-c/src/ControlStream.c.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:176: libgamestream/CMakeFiles/moonlight-common.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [Makefile:136: all] Error 2

I tried many things, my dependencies seem fine, but just can’t complete installation on the edge 2, maybe someone has had some success?

Thanks again!