OOWOW not seeing USB memory

Which system do you use? Android, Ubuntu, OOWOW or others?

OOWOW

Which version of system do you use? Khadas official images, self built images, or others?

Latest version of Android 11.

Please describe your issue below:

OOWOW does not recognize FAT32 formatted, 1 partition USB memory devices. Impossible to format USB. Impossible to back up eMMC memory to USB.

I am having an issue similar to user DonQuichotte, in which OOWOW is not able to mount or format an inserted USB stick – thus it is impossible to back up eMMC memory onto the USB memory.
I prepared a 32 GB USB stick with one full-sized partition formatted with FAT32 file system.
I boot into the OOWOW wizard, quit to the main menu, and select 3 - Dump Image from eMMC.
Result: Notice, Can’t find mounted removable or remote storages.
So I select 8 - Avanced, then 5 - Mount dumps storage SD/USB.
Result: the display screen blinks once, with no errors or messages (nothing happens).
Then I select 8 - Format dumps storage USB.
Result: Warning, system fail.
Select 2 - Device testing, then select 5 - USB check info.
Result: /sys/bus/usb/devices/1-1.2:1.0/uevent:DRIVER=usb-storage (similar message is displayed when
USB stick moved to other socket).

It appears that a part of OOWOW recognizes the inserted USB stick, but another part can’t use the information to mount/format/copy eMMC memory.
Should the USB stick be preformatted as one partition, FAT32, or should it be empty? Is there anything else I can try? Thank you.

OOWOW can recognize FAT exFAT ext4 formats