Next generation Tone Board

Any further update on the new tone board?

1 Like

Any new about the future upgraded tone board? Will it be released this month or there is any estimated release date?
Canā€™t wait to hear at least some info about the status of the project!

1 Like

From what Iā€™ve read, Ben, the designer of the TB left to start another company. Likely why thereā€™s no updated version.

Hello All!..

We can read recently on Khadas Blog, that a v2.00 frimware version is downloadableā€¦

Because of the title says ā€œTone 1: Upgrade to the Official Khadas Firmware (v2.00)ā€,
I wonder if this v2.00 firmware version is compatible to my Tone-board ?

In fact, are Tone1 and Tone-board the same boards or there is any differences between these behind these two names ?

Hello, I believe it works for both Tone1 and Tone2. Install it once and your good to go for both boards, individually or simultaneouslyā€¦
From the Blog postā€¦
"Why does the Tone1 need the v2.00 firmware upgrade?:

Tone1ā€™s latest software update includes a new USB Driver and DFU Tool (v4.86), and weā€™ve listed the most important changes below:

Seamless compatibility with the Khadas Audio Dashboard (Windows Tray Tool)

Tone Series DFU Tool can upgrade both Tone1 and Tone2 devices

Use both Tone1 and Tone2 simultaneously, without reinstalling drivers

Unique Khadas VID (Vendor-ID, Khadas is now a registered USB-IF Member)

Unique Khadas Manufacturer Name"

I followed the steps, all went well and as expected.

1 Like

Yep, same board just a new name.

Hello All!..

Thanks RDFTKV and Gouwa for your answers :wink: ā€¦

Ok, Gouwa, now Iā€™m sure Tone-board and Tone1 are the same boards,
now I can go further in my Tone-board upgradeā€¦

Ok, RDFTKV, will try to upgrade my Tone-board as explained on the blog postā€¦

By the way, I also got a VIM3 Android 9.0 Pie embeded (actual Tone-board is mounted on Nougat v7.1 VIM2), any news about TONE2 version or the project is stopped as labjr said ?

@tsangyoujun will post the announcement of Tone2 Pro next Monday.

3 Likes

What is the schedule for Tone 2 Pro VIM version be available?

2 Likes

Hey! you can already order it from the official website

:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

I think the user wants to know when the Khadas Tone 2 will be available. Khadas has previously said Q1 2021.

1 Like

The shipment of the second batch, as indicated by the link, is the beginning of February, as I understand it, we are talking about Tone 2 Pro.
:slightly_smiling_face:

I meant to ask the schedule for the Tone 2 board for VIM not the standalone Tone 2 Pro.

1 Like

Latest news I have heard about it.
Bare board version is currently named the Tone 2.

Thanks @RDFTKV , will follow the announcement.

1 Like

Hello All,ā€¦

As we are talking about Next Generation Tone Boardsā€¦

We all know that Tone1 (previously named Tone-Board) in itā€™s VIM version (40 pins header) can be used on both VIM2 and VIM3 boardsā€¦

Tone2 VIM version will be (Q1 2021) Tone1 VIM version evolution but not the same as the Tone2 Proā€¦

I wonder if anybody here has tried to weld 40 pins header on a Tone2 Pro to use it plugged on WIM2 or VIM3 as Tone1 VIM version ?

@DerFu tone2pro doesnā€™t have connectors I guess, its sealed at the bottom

the tone 2 vim board was still in decision making for the mounting procedure as I have last recalled, it will either be top mounted to GPIO and get input via the I2S, or have a small bottom PCB to connect the Toneā€™s USB to the USB on the PCIe connector busā€¦

check the original tone 2 thread for pictures and other info about it :slightly_smiling_face:
cheers

Yep, we designed to compatible for VIM SBC and we tested here that works.

The reason we not sell Tone2 Pro as bare board is we need follow on the MQA licensee. The upcoming Tone2 spec with XMOS XU208 will also work for VIM SBC.

5 Likes

Hello @Gouwa,ā€¦

Have you got any idea about the cost of Tone2 VIM Edition ?

1 Like

When will Audio Science Review be getting a review sample?

1 Like