New VIM2 doesn't work

Hi all
Today arrived my VIM2. I connected to adapter 5v 2A and connected to TV via hdmi. But didn’t see anything. Black screen and nothing. Tried other adapters, hdmi and TV. I guess the board is dead. How can I check?

@NewAger

1. If you have serial tool. You can follow this docs to check if it have any output with serial tool.

https://docs.khadas.com/linux/vim2/SetupSerialTool.html

1. If you don’t have a serial port tool, you can take a video to record the process and operation of your power-on, focusing on the status of the lights.

Hi Frank
No lights when plug to power. Is it broken?

@NewAger

1. Did you have a serial tool ?
  2. Maybe the OS is broken, not the board. Can you try to boot into upgrade mode ? If you PC can connect you board, you can reburn a image.
  1. Don’t have
  2. I have mac. In documentation instruction for PC or Ubuntu

@NewAger Your board version is V14?

1. Can you try with TST mode( Quickly press the Function key 3 times in 2 seconds, then release the key. You will see the Power-LED (Blue) blink for about 3 seconds.) ?
  2. Please record a video for us.
1 Like

I watched your video, the power cable in the video looks like the power cable of our 12V2A adapter?
Are you sure you are using a 5V2A power supply, can you take a picture of your power supply? If you use a 12V adapter, the board will not work.

Hi
Cable from iPad. First time I plug into computer. I tried charger 5v1,5A
Also tried 5V3A. Doesn’t work

@NewAger Our after-sales colleagues will send you a private message.

I found problem. It is doesn’t work with cable USB-c → USB-C
Do you know why?

@NewAger I think it’s the adapter’s specs that are wrong. I suggest you find a 5V2A adapter and try again.

With usb - usb-c wire works good. But usb-c - usb-c didn’t

USB c to usb c prob means that the charger is a USB c power delivery charger and whilst there is a USB c port it’s not got the sense resistors on it to make the power supply start delivering power. That would be my guess

Hi!i have the same problem,but after blinking blue led android started and sistem worked correctly .then i switched off system ,using power knob.then i tryed to switch it on but it doesnt work,white led blinked only.what is wrong i cant understand