New Heatsink and Fan 3705 for VIM2 Pro

I just received my vim replacement so I am putting the headpad and heatsink over it.

I took these pictures to help you understand how to place and fix the heatpad and heatsink.

These are the parts.

Place the heatpad like this on the board. Make sure to cover those 4 important chips.

1. CPU
  2. eMMC Storage.
  3. 2 RAM.

Place the heatsink in position like this. Make sure you match the holes of heatsink and the board.

I hope this helps. Vim2 and the same cpu position like vim1. If you follow the above steps then it should be fine.

3 Likes

I modified the picture to show the CPU. However, Spikerguy’s example shows the area well.

Excellent thanks for send this I will let you know I got on I will let you know in a couple of days.

2 Likes

Hello! I’m waiting for 3705, remind me, it works on the inflow or outflow of air? thanks!

I don’t have the 3705 yet. However, it is a centrifugal type fan, so it always pulls air in to the center and discharges it to the side.

3 Likes

Check this.

Received Heat sink and fan and fitted it, it works, but I had difficulty getting the old screws that attached the board to the case and I damage a wire in removing it, (the metal wire is showing through the plastic coating. The wire is attached to a what I think is a thin metal plate with the words VIM2 and letter “B” What does this do? Can I buy another? Can I fix it with insulation glue (if it exists), or if cheaper I"ll buy the spare part?

On a further note, can I use one of these USB outlets on my power boards?

Thanks everyone for reading my questions.

Hello, The part you have shown is one of the antenna. From what I can see the part should be OK. You can insulate the wire if you want.
If you notice reduced WiFi or Bluetooth range, you may need a replacement, but I think it will be fine.

You should be able to power the VIM2 with any USB port capable of delivering 2 amps or better.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Great Customer Service. I don’t mind supporting this kind of service will buy another, send link, please.

Another question where can I get (download) the grass and mountain wallpaper (will pay for this also if necessary) on start up I like it better than one I have with Khadas strips.

Do you mean the Khadas Logo when you power on the device? That is not so easy to replace unless you’re a developer who can change the image file in the bootloader.

Yes, thanks for the advice, I will leave it, nice picture of grass and mountains though, some people have put live fishes on there opening screen, not interested in that though.

Thanks, again

Just been into
https://wallpaperscraft.com/ there’s hundreds of them

and downloaded a nice mountain picture, not a nice as Khadas with grass and mountains but will do.

1 Like

If you’re just changing the desktop wallpaper - that should be easy.

Replacement antenna are not available in the Khadas Shop, and I don’t know if they are available to purchase separately.
Maybe @tsangyoujun can help.

@Aussie, you can email hello@khadas.com, and attention it to @Kingsley. We can send you a replacement for free, however the shipping cost would still be present.

I too agree with @RDFTKV, that it is very likely, that your antenna remains in good shape, and a replacement is unnecessary. Those things are quite tough.

As long as the little gold socket, or the gold connector is not warped or damaged, the device should function normally.

1 Like

I would like replacement, how do I send money for shipping costs?

Aussie

Hello, Khadas Team, I would like to buy another VIM2, with with everything, case cooling fan and heat sink, with remote control with attenae an bluetooth, wires if they don’t come as standard, also would like another VIM2 B, attenae, see picture, can you give me a cost I

@Aussie if you have purchase related questions, you can refer to the email given above by @tsangyoujun

1 Like

Hi Kingsley I’m going to buy a Khadas Vim2 Pro, with case, heat sink, cooling van, remote controller, metal plate and thermal pad, c type cord. when I buy could you put another antenna in there, as I can’t buy it separately, and you said at the time you’d give me one free, I damaged it when I fitted the heat sink and cooling fan to my VIM# I’m buying a another VIM2, I use it all the time as and Android TV box, it’s brilliant, and I’d like a spare. PS do I need anything else.

Hi Aussie, thanks for your support :slight_smile:

Each SBC you buy comes with x2 antennas included in the box.

Do you mean you want a third antenna?