MultiOS_3in1 (Android+Libreelec+Linux) install to eMMC

Yes it is from GIT. I understood the limitations of the newer kernel. Now I really get the kernel compilation using your github topic. I’m tracking to see if any updates have left.

Hello! How to pass this image? Can I use the USB Upgrade Tool? And to use other images together, how to do other installations?

Version update MultiOS_3in1 (20171024).

Replaced the boot loader u-boot for a universal version. Details of the new u-boot is in the description above, the firmware Server 20171024. Before the release of the new version of the shutdown menu\reboot to Android (with support for direct transition to Libreelec and Linux) had to leave the old name with a Linux partition “rootfs”.

Pay attention. If when you first start the system, Android not start for 5-7 minutes to turn off the power and turn on again.

Examples for different variants of scripts (*-multiboot.txt and linux.txt) to run different systems using a new version of u-boot, you can see here.

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905/tree/master/script/S912_MULTIBOOT

1 Like

Image Server_20171024 can be easily used to install your version of Linux. Enough to start the system from external media, mount the partition /dev/linux, copy the desired system, mount /dev/multiboot and replace (add) your script to run. Pay attention to the correct installation of this system or when working with sections in the eMMC, I recommend to use the dtb from the internal memory those versions of the images that are on my site. This ensures correct entry of data in eMMC.

1 Like

Hi @balbes150,

which u-boot repo are you using for MultiOS yours https://github.com/150balbes/u-boot/commits/Nougat-Ubuntu or khadas?

S.

The sources from which we collect new u-boot here (for MultiOS_3In1 and Server_20171024).

Branch Nougat-Ubuntu

1 Like

Thanks but what branch? Nougat-Ubuntu or MultiOS? I see you have recent changes in Nougat-Ubuntu branch.

S.

Branch Nougat-Ubuntu

The archive with the updated version Libreelec (20171102) system MultiOS_3in1. Update running as usual. Start LE , upload to the directory on the VIM2 UPDATE the archive and restart. The system automatically updates the LE in the eMMC version to the current version.

https://yadi.sk/d/RjzcgR3K3PRjsp

1 Like

The new version MultiOS_3In1 (20171115). This version works fully restart from any system in the other two.

2 Likes

Replaced the image MultiOS_3in1 20171115 on 20171116. In the first embodiment, there is a small error in a script the primary settings of Ubuntu (settings not being saved when the user first logs “khadas” before the first reboot). In the new version 20171116 it is fixed.

Pay attention - new versions of 20171115 and 20171116 has a new version of u-boot that uses the additional section to scripts /dev/multiboot and has the ability to use a plain text script “boot.ini” external drives.

3 Likes

@balbes150

I want to try 3in1 20171116 on kvim2 max. However I am still unsure about what is meant in OP by:

If you have not yet activated universal multiboot, you need to activate it.

I do find lots of .txt and .scr files in:

https://github.com/150balbes/Amlogic_s905/tree/master/script/S912_MULTIBOOT

But where and how do I need to use them? Say: I want to run kvim2-update in

Armbian_5.34_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_4.9.40_server_20171112.img.xz
or
Armbian_5.34_S9xxx_Ubuntu_xenial_3.14.29_server_20171104.img.xz
booted from SD.

The method I usually apply for multiboot is via UPDATE&BACKUP in Android using aml_autoscript.
But those .txt and .scr files I am not familiar with.

Thanks a lot for your incredible patience and outstanding work for amlogic boxes.

All Right,

I went ahead and ran kvim2-update inside 3.14.29 booted from SD … and all went well!
I now boot in Android and, logged in on serial console I find promising block devices such as:
/dev/block/linux and /dev/block/libreelec … (which do contain correct system)
But, perhaps silly question: where is the ‘menu’ providing choice to reboot into other system?
If I press power key device goes to sleep or shuts down or reboots depending on settings.
Also if I go ‘settings -> about -> restart’ there is no choice offered.
Perhaps there is a command from u-boot or from android linux shell to choose reboot?
In any case I believe I am on good track…

This is standard procedure activation universal multi-boot, which is the same as in Armbian. If you have multiboot previously activated, this step is not necessary.

Script kvim2-update is designed to record archive of the firmware name “KVIM2-emmc.img.gz” in eMMC. This script can be run on any Linux system (which is running from external media). The main condition - on the media should be the directory /ddbr and it should be an archive “KVIM2-emmc.img.gz”. The script will automatically write it to the eMMC. By the way, this archive is an exact copy of the first 15 GB of eMMC of the reference system. You can create your version of the firmware (you configured in the VIM2 system). For this you need to follow a few steps. To configure your system for the VIM2 in eMMC as you need. Check out her work. Prepare the system to create an archive of firmware (to remove all temporary and unnecessary files, delete personal data and settings, etc.). To run one of the images on my website in the ddbr with external media and run the script kvim2-full (or add this script to any Linux system on an external drive), select a mode of the backup “b” and the script will create the archive “KVIM2-emmc.img.gz” in the directory /ddbr. Using this archive and a script kvim2-update other users can install on their VIm2 your firmware and get exactly takuyuzhe system as you have (exact copy with all the settings, the boot loader, its variables, etc.).

Press and hold for 2-3 seconds the off button on the remote control or on the VIM2 in Android to receive the shutdown menu with various options.

OK thanks for all information. I have ran kvim2-update successfully so I think I am fine.
One day I will also try kvim2-full to install custom Linux like gentoo.

Holding the remote power button brought up menu and I could boot in ubuntu MATE
Life can be simple :slight_smile: !

My USB mouse works, but, for some reason, my (Apple) USB keyboard does not work. So I cannot log in to the GUI. I can log in to console and I also have installed ssh service.

update: I can use onscreen keyboard …

But now: how do I boot back into Android ? Perhaps from Linux command line or perhaps from u-boot command line?

Thanks for this excellent 3-in-1 system!

1 Like

Forget about these difficulties, now all systems have full options for easy selection in the graphical mode.

p/s/ In Libreelec in shutdown menu as is needed to direct the reboot in the right system.

1 Like

found the reboot options

Thanks for turning the Khadas VIM2 into a ‘multiple choice’ system :slight_smile:

I wonder what users think about the installation MultiOS_3in1 default at the factory in the VIM2 ?
Then any user will be able, immediately upon receipt of the VIM2, without additional operations on the firmware to try and evaluate which system is it more necessary in the future. If desired, set one system is not difficult. The installation of one system is not difficult to do using any of the available options of settings of firmware (USB Tools + Win PC, SD card for update or install through ddbr).

4 Likes

I think, for a DIY box, having multiple systems seeing one another’s partitions is very versatile and extremely handy.
When booted in one system one can inspect and even repair (if needed) other system.
I am sure I will keep the 3-in-1 eMMC and I will experiment to change the various systems.
Like, maybe try my own 64-bit LE and maybe try an alternative Android (superceleron) and hopefully I can install gentoo in /dev/linux.

2 Likes

New system image MultiOS_3in1 VTV_20171125.

Included in the Android-VTV version (TV module VTV).

4 Likes