Mpu 6050 support

hi all …can khadas vim3 pro support HiLetgo GY-521 MPU-6050 MPU6050 3 Axis Accelerometer Gyroscope Module 6 DOF 6-axis Accelerometer Gyroscope Sensor Module 16 Bit AD Converter Data Output IIC I2C for Arduino
https://www.amazon.com/HiLetgo-MPU-6050-Accelerometer-Gyroscope-Converter/dp/B078SS8NQV

it can work, you just need to create or obtain suitable drivers for it :wink:

1 Like

thank you for replay…i want to use it with python …can you help me by lib or some thing like that

You wanna run it on Python + Ubuntu, right?

BTW, may I know why you’d like to support MPU6050, as the VIM3 with onboard 3-axis accelerometer

3 Likes

you can read the I2C registers from python iirc, similar things have been discussed on the forum where python was used to communicate with I2C devices, I’ll fetch a link if I find one, but In the meanwhile please search too :slightly_smiling_face:

update: you need to use smbus library to communicate and i2cdetct to find the particular I2C device address

here is the documentation for your reference:

1 Like

You wanna run it on Python + Ubuntu, right?
yes …i want to know the angle turn

i well try this …update for every new …thank you

hi …i try to connect mpu 6050 to khadas vim3pro but i have problem …i cant take data …how can create or obtain suitable drivers ?

can i use in python ? need driver or package ?

I think you will still need to specify more details to us so we can help on this.

For example, the hardware setup and connections and the software configurations.

1 Like

i need to read the rotation angle …can you give me example in python code ? or details how can read from sensor in python?

I don’t have the senor myself, but i’ve given you some details with how to create your own I2C driver by simply reading the registers, you just need to create it in respect with the datasheet,

you could also search online, I found this: py-imu-mpu6050 · PyPI
perhaps you could try it out and maybe adjust the code for VIM3

cheers

2 Likes

i need to read the rotation angle …can you give me example in python code ? or details how can read from sensor in python?

you can read i2c in python like the example i put here VIM3 I2C Python Example. Combine that with the link @Electr1 gave you above and you have everything you need!

2 Likes

I appreciate your cooperation…I will give it a try and update the comments