MIPI CAMERA not working

Hello
I test my mipi camera. this camera working in my other rk3399 board.
but camera not working in vim3.

do I need change code or turn on hw switch?

What MIPI camera ? We only support os08a10 for VIM3 now.

Hello numbqq
os08a10 ? vim3 only support only one MIPI CAMERA?
why?

We only debug os08a10 on our side. Of course, there are more cameras supported by the driver, but you need to port and debug yourself.

Here is our camera:

Hi @numbqq
we are in progress of developing a custom camera board connecting with VIM3 via the MIPI CSI interface.
my question is that is the video input driver for the Amlogic SoC on Vim3 is built to support v4l2 framework? Could you point out where should I add or modify in helping bringing up this new camera board (such as dts, kernel configuration, etc). We already have the v4l2-subdevice driver of our sensor but don’t know where should I add this driver into the current build.
Thank in advance
Thanh

Yes, it is.

Please check here:

DTS:

3 Likes

Thanks for your fast reply :slight_smile:

Hi @thanhhc, Can you please tell me what v4l2 command you used to see the camera output on your screen? I’m a bit stuck here. trying to get the mipi camera output on my VIM3 Ubuntu Xfce graphical environment.

Thanks.

Hi @CodeLogist
I’m still in progress of debugging our custom designed camera board. Hope I could help give you a hint after this finishes successful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @numbqq
after reading through the code I found that there are 3 async sub-devices registered into the subdevice lists of isp module. One of this sub-device is ‘sensor’ subdevice which is in charge of interacting with a ‘actual’ i2c sensor subdevice via a ‘firmware interface’ (correct me if I’m wrong about this). I look into folder ‘subdev’ of Khadas’s Linux repo and found several such ‘actual’ sensor subdeves implemented (Ov08a10, IMX227, etc). While my sensor is OV772x and its already-implemented driver is a purely v4l2-subdev (it registers by itself by calling v4l2_async_register_subdev()). So basically, to integrate my subdevice into the SoC v4l sensor subdev I have to modify my driver to be compliant with this ‘firmware interface’, I’m I right? If so is this firmware interface developed basing on any standard interface to ease the porting?
Thanks